- Pay Rate:
up to £37.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WOOLWICH, LONDON,
Interim Senior Principal Planning Officer
Reference no: Greenwich RQ1049213
Pay Rate: up to £37.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: WOOLWICH, LONDON
Development Management Planner with a broad range of experience that is looking to take a step into a role with management responsibility.
- Prepare and present Committee reports development proposals including major proposals of strategic importance, complex development issues, area development initiatives, or in areas of policy innovation.
- Prepare statements, proofs of evidence for public enquiries and act as professional witness.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations for decisions on planning applications to be determined by the Area Planning Manager, Head of Development, Director, or Chief Planning Officer under delegated powers.
- Advise senior managers and assist where appropriate lead negotiations on legal agreements associated with planning applications, in particular strategic applications, to ensure community benefits are secured and the Council’s regeneration objectives are met.
- Assist in the management, and direction of the group including the co-ordination of the work of the group, and the setting of priorities.
- Deputise for the Area Planning Manager when absent.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of staff, allocation of work, and help agree targets, monitor progress, assess and implement training programmes and generally develop and motivate staff to perform effectively.
- Take an active part in the management of Development Planning and undertake projects or functions at the request of the Area Planning Manager and senior managers
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Degree or equivalent
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Principal Planning Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.