- Pay Rate:
£28.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- MORDEN, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Senior Options Advisor – Housing Services
Job Reference: Merton 5220344
To provide a proactive, high quality customer focused range of services to customers who approach the Housing Needs and Enabling Service for assistance. Working closely with the Housing Advice and Options Manager to provide a range of services, which respond to both current and future housing needs within the borough and where the prevention of homelessness is of paramount importance.
- To effectively manage resources in the options and advice team in order to respond to all potential and existing demands for accommodation or advice
- To take an innovative and quality driven approach to service development and to ensure that services are:
- responsive to customer’s needs
- to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in operation
- to work the principles of best value
- To provide a service which meets the needs of all tenures and all customers requiring a housing needs service
- To provide an efficient and effective service to homeless households approaching the council and carry out the council’s statutory functions in line with all the relevant legislation
- To achieve such targets and objectives that may be set for the service by the Housing Needs and Enabling Manager, or the Government and to monitor and assess service provision
- To be responsible for establishing:
- clear and measurable plans and targets
- performance targets for individual members of staff
- personal development plans for individual staff
- To implement a comprehensive strategy to prevent or delay homelessness
- To establish positive working relationships with other departments, external agencies and voluntary groups involved in the provision of services to customers in housing need
- To ensure the council meets its statutory obligations in relation to the provision of advice and information about the prevention homelessness
- To be responsible for the management of applications made for assistance with housing under the terms of the Housing Act 1996 or any other relevant legislation and to approve the applications as appropriate. To ensure that potential fraudulent cases are investigated and appropriate action taken.
- To decide on the placement of homeless customers into interim and temporary accommodation
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Two years' experience in housing needs or related disciplines
- To have an in depth knowledge of housing legislation, regulations, case law and codes of practice as applied to local authority housing and private sector housing
- To have a knowledge of the needs of our customers, for example the homeless, older people, mental health and learning disabilities, families with children, young people and victims of domestic violence and harassment.
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Ability to lead, manage, develop and motivate a team of staff and to be self-motivated to achieve objectives and performance targets under the pressure of deadlines
- Ability to plan and organise own work and work of staff, including setting objectives and performance standards and targets
- Ability to translate, verbally and in writing, complex housing legislation, regulations, case law to customers and staff
- Ability to monitor and review performance to initiate action and to implement changes in policy, procedures and practices
- Ability to communicate effectively both when amending meetings externally and internally with the Housing Needs and Enabling Service and the council generally
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Options Advisor – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.