- Pay Rate:
£23.81 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- NEWHAM, LONDON,
Interim Senior Marketing Officer
Reference no: GLA 0007 3481 / 1
Pay rate £23.81 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Develop and manage consumer-focused marketing and communications plans and campaigns for the GLA across the full marketing mix including online and traditional offline channels. The Senior Marketing Officer will be responsible for planning and managing the delivery of those campaigns and reporting on performance
- Develop and deliver GLA integrated marketing and communications campaigns ensuring that all work contributes to the GLA’s business objectives as well as the Marketing and Communications strategic objectives on raising awareness, increasing engagement and delivering access to our work for Londoners. The scope of work will vary in size from small short-term projects to longer term strategic initiatives.
- Take a rigorous approach to campaign planning and management, ensuring that objectives are clearly defined and appropriate performance management processes are in place, propositions are based on consumer behaviour and need, appropriate channel strategies, online and offline are defined and effective project management processes are in place throughout the entire campaign lifecycle.
- Through thorough research and analysis of consumer behaviour, and the communications landscape, ensure that all campaign assets are appropriate for the audiences that we are trying to reach and that we champion the consumer in all our work. This will involve generating, editing and proofing copy as appropriate on offline and online channels.
- Contribute to the Marketing evaluation programme - reporting on marketing performance on a short and long term, and the effectiveness of social, email and visual channels.
- Support the Marketing Manager and Senior Manager: Brand, Marketing & Digital to implement the marketing and communications strategy including digital across social media, email, visual channels and emerging technologies, ensuring the opportunities which digital engagement offers are embraced by the organisation.
- Act as an effective account manager, working closely with the policy and event teams to integrate the work of the Marketing and Communications team into the planning activities of the policy areas, liaising with policy officers, Heads of Unit, Press Officers and Assembly Members, as appropriate.
- Take responsibility for working with policy teams to forward plan work and understand future needs. Advise internal clients and stakeholders on marketing and communication related issues.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager, Web and Creative Services Teams to ensure that the Marketing Team works efficiently and effectively across all disciplines.
- Work closely with the content manager and web development manager to ensure long and short-term marketing initiatives are optimised for content and web opportunities.
- Manage resources allocated to the job in accordance with the Authority’s policies and code of Ethics and Standards
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- A recognised marketing qualification or experience of creating and developing marketing campaigns in a high-profile environment.
Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Marketing Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.