- Pay Rate:
£33.54 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Ellesmere Port, Cheshire,
Interim Senior Manager Integrated Adults Social Care & Health
Reference no: W Cheshire 5224734
Pay Rate: £33.54 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
To provide high quality leadership in the delivery of Adults Social Care & Health services in the context of the Care Act 2014 to maximise customer choice, control and independence whilst ensuring the management of risk in compliance with budgetary, statutory and departmental policy. Working as a key member of the Senior Management Team to deliver all aspects of the Adults Strategic Transformation plan and the priorities agreed to improve service delivery and integrated working where this delivers positive outcomes for customers, promoting their dignity and independence and providing excellent customer service.
- Provide senior operational leadership and management of support and statutory services across a range of locally based and borough wide settings.
- Set, monitor and review performance standards to ensure targets and statutory requirements are met and plan and implement improvements to enhance performance.
- Lead, develop and implement service development and improvement activity to achieve high quality and high performance.
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to manage the robust application of eligibility criteria for adults social care support ensuring strong financial control of budgets.
- Assess, specify, develop and deliver services in close collaboration with commissioners and health partners to ensure joint service development where appropriate delivering services that are integrated, inclusive, support market management and provide value for money.
- Ensure there are systems in place to enable service user views to inform service delivery and any service improvements required.
- Ensure that all appropriate systems are in place to manage performance of service and individuals in your area and to address poor performance when required, working with HR as appropriate.
- Ensure that all services work within the directorate business planning framework and all teams have clear objectives, service levels and team targets which are regularly monitored and reported.
- Ensure there are effective systems in place to promote learning and development, through supervision, appraisals and training line with the THRIVE competency framework.
- Ensure that services and teams promote and use best practice and that there are systems in place to evaluate the impact services have on improving outcomes.
- Provide support to the Director to develop options for future service delivery, ensuring continuous modernization and consistency in service delivery.
- Represent and promote Integrated Adults Social Care & Health in dealings with Government bodies, other Local Authorities, Agencies, the local community, the Third Sector and other appropriate bodies in order to promote and protect the interests and priorities of the Council, including effective working with elected Members to ensure Members are appropriately informed to fulfil their responsibilities.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professional Social Work Qualification – Desirable
- Management qualification – Desirable
- Degree or equivalent – Essential
- Structured Management Training – Essential
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Substantial experience in a leadership role in a health or social care setting.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams of staff to deliver high quality services.
- Track record in achieving service improvements – Essential
- Ability to work in partnership with other agencies to deliver improved customer services.
- Ability to propose, develop and implement effective strategies in pursuit of agreed goals and to make clear, informed, appropriate and timely decisions.
- Highly developed networking, advocacy, written, oral and presentation skills to relate effectively to employees, service managers, Council Members, the general public and other stakeholders and command their respect, trust and confidence.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Substantial demonstrable knowledge of local government and the political framework.
- Strong understanding of assessment and care management services, adult social care legislation, policy and practice including keeping adults safe.
- Full awareness of the “personalisation agenda” and the implications for customers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the issues facing adults of working age, older people and their carers who have care needs.
- Ability to formulate and present strategies to colleagues, partners, staff and public.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with others on strategic issues.
- Ability to involve customers and carers in service development and review.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Manager Integrated Adults Social Care & Health
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.