- Pay Rate:
£16.44 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary Senior Legal Officer
Reference no: Manchester 0007 7E53 / 1
Pay rate £16.44 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Standard DBS disclosure required
Someone who can provide legal support, specifically drafting C2 applications, drafting briefs to counsel and case summaries, redactions, drafting thresholds, being on the duty rota
- Provide advice to clients on relevant legal issues through knowledge of policies, practices and procedures, and ensure the effective management and maintenance of case files, in compliance with specific quality assurance requirements.
- Negotiate and draft legal documentation, including briefs/instructions to in-house advocates and external counsel.
- Conduct advocacy before the Courts, which may be contested, on behalf of the Council and external clients
- Research law and procedure to a high professional standard and keep abreast of legal developments.
- Assist and co-operate with other members of the team and other officers within Legal Services and provide cover as required. Comply with the Legal Services’ Manual of Practice Management Standards and Procedures.
- Undertake such other legal duties commensurate with grade as are assigned to the post holder by the City Solicitor or the Head of Legal Services, demonstrating political sensitivity at all times.
- Assist with the other work of the group as required and contribute to and assume a shared responsibility for the effective running and efficiency of the team
- Comply with the Legal Services’ Manual of Practice Management Standards and Procedures
- Able to effectively influence a range of stakeholders in order to achieve beneficial outcomes for the shared legal service.
- Personal commitment to continuous self development and service improvement
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CILEX Professional Diploma in Law (Level 3) or equivalent legal qualification
- Experience in children and family law is required
- Skills to analyse a wide range of data and other sources of information, to break them down into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further understanding of problems and makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis demonstrating an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system/issue
- Ability to react to immediate problems of a highly complex nature with associated risk factors and deliver logical, practical, pragmatic and acceptable solutions sometimes under pressure
- Ability to manage a complex range of functions and manage multiple priorities with confidence
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Legal Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.