- Pay Rate:
£17.37 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Senior Legal Admin Assistant – Safeguarding
Reference no: Warrington 0006 C0E6 / 1
Pay Rate: £17.37 per hour PAYE
Hybrid working available - attendance required 1-2 days per week in office
The purpose of the role is to provide legal advice and services to Client Departments of the Council for the relevant specialist areas of Adults and Education. The nature of the work will include preparation of court documents and bundles, assessing client statements, liaising with the courts, counsel and other external organisations such as external solicitors and supporting the solicitors in the team
- To provide legal advice and guidance to Client Departments of the Council as and when required.
- To represent the Legal Services Manager at both internal and external meetings as and when required.
- To provide advice and guidance, where appropriate, under the supervision of the Legal Services Manager, Senior Solicitor and/or solicitors from the Specialist Team, adult’s safeguarding, education and associated matters, education prosecutions and disclosure of information to third parties.
- Provide advice and guidance, where appropriate, under the supervision of the Legal Services Manager, Senior Solicitor and/or solicitors from the Specialist Team, adult’s safeguarding, education and associated matters, education prosecutions and disclosure of information to third parties.
- Attend court / tribunal with fee earners and/or counsel as required.
- Be involved in the management of Council projects as part of the appropriate specialist team.
- Occasionally involved in the management of high profile and complex safeguarding matters under the supervision of the Legal Services Manager, Senior Solicitor and/or Solicitors from the Specialist Team,
- Management of litigation and other proceedings involving the Council including; preparation of court and tribunal documents, managing external lawyers including counsel, liaising with courts and tribunals, liaising with external parties in litigation including opposing legal advisers, experts and witnesses and working with internal clients involved in proceedings.
- Manage external lawyers involved in proceedings or providing other advice, guidance and assistance and to liaise with other council officers and departments in the delivery of advice, proceedings, statutory and contract documentation, and the development of Council policies.
- Undertake other legal work as appropriate including legal research drafting of legal documents.
- Provide regular support to the Legal Services Manager (Safeguarding) and occasional support to the Head of Legal & Democratic Services.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working on own initiative, organise workloads, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience working in fast passed environment.
- Experience of composing written materials that meet customers’ needs.
- Numeracy skills in order to compile simple statistical and financial information and undertake complex calculations.
- excellent communication skills, team skills, strong organisational abilities and the ability to work to court time scales and at times under great pressure, having due regard to the Council’s legal responsibilities.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Legal Admin Assistant – Safeguarding
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.