- Pay Rate:
£17.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Wembley, London,
Temporary Senior Legal Admin Assistant – Legal Services/Property
Reference no: Brent 5214294
Pay Rate: £17.27 per hour PAYE
The purpose of the role is to assist the Legal Property Team with general property law matters as may be required from time to time including conveyancing practice and procedure and residential property, including:
- Right to Buy matters, including requests for consent to works, deeds of postponement and also certificates in relation to the Right of First Refusal.
- Statutory lease extensions.
- Collective Enfranchisement.
- Undertake drafting of leases for the Councils Private Sector property leasing initiative.
- Deal with drafting Nomination agreements.
- Assisting with Certificate of Compliance requests (regarding restrictions on titles and deed of covenants) and dealing with Title Queries.
- Giving administrative support to the team - to include Post, Sealing, scanning, photocopying, dating documents, drafting letters.
The successful candidate will undertake complex legal and technical tasks in connection with residential conveyancing or were directed in relation to Commercial Property or Planning for the council and for external clients
Assist the Legal Property Team with commercial property matters as may be required from time to time.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Law Degree, FILEX (or working towards)
- Licensed Conveyancer
- Good standard of general education
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge of the law and practice relating to Regeneration Property and Planning.
- Substantial experience of working in a legal team.
- To process a heavy caseload and handle complex legal matters within area of responsibility.
- Effective participation in Lexcel and/or other quality systems.
- Working in a local authority or other large organisation
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Ability to analyse and solve a variety of complex problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst helping with a diverse workload.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with senior managers and other officers.
- Pro-active and have the energy, commitment and resolve necessary to get the job done.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Legal Admin Assistant – Legal Services/Property
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.