- Pay Rate:
£31.03 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WEMBLEY, LONDON,
Interim Senior Lawyer - Planning
Reference no: Brent 5244834
Pay Rate: £31.03 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: WEMBLEY, LONDON
Standard DBS disclosure required
Actively support the management of the department. Provide high level and proactive expert legal advice to the Council, its members and officers and to be a point of contact for members and senior officers on legal matters in respect of Planning and regeneration. Deputise for the Chief Lawyer - Property, Planning and Regeneration as required
- Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the council.
- Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
- Manage a customer focused service and the effective use of resources.
- Ensure that the council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service.
- Support effective working relationships and act as an ambassador and advocate with external organisations
- Keep up to date with developments in service delivery and best practice to ensure the service performs effectively and to the highest standards.
- Provide high level specialist and proactive legal advice to the Council, its Cabinet, Committee members and senior officers and other external clients on all issues arising, this includes planning, environment, property, and procurement and contractual matters on behalf of the Council, and, where appropriate, external clients
- Advise on and draft documentation in connection with complex planning and other regeneration related matters
- Draft complex agreements relating to the exercise of the Council’s planning and highways functions
- Advise and if appropriate represent the Council at any relevant inquiry or tribunal
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Qualification as Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive
- Comprehensive knowledge of the law affecting local government and its trends in the UK and EU.
- Well developed understanding of planning law and practice.
- Full understanding of risk management in the context of corporate governance
- Experience of providing advice to members of a Council/ Board Members on legal issues both in public meetings, through presentation briefing reports etc.
- Experience of contributing to corporate decision making and development of corporate policy and strategy
- Track record of achievement at a management level in a similarly large and complex organisation
Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership and management skills.
- Communicating and influencing skills.
- High level analytical skills to identify issues and develop responses and solutions.
- Ability to manage people, performance and budgets.
- Ability to personally handle all matters within the post holder’s area of responsibility and to carry a heavy caseload of work.
- Ability to give clear and proactive legal advice in a manner which supports clients in achieving their organisational objectives.
- Ability to appear as an advocate
- Ability to contribute to the longer term development of the service area.
- Work collaboratively corporately and departmentally
- Strong role model who demonstrates a personal commitment to high standards of public service, honesty and integrity and professionalism
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Lawyer - Planning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.