- Pay Rate:
£20.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Woolwich, Greater London,
Interim Senior Lawyer – Safeguarding Team
Reference no: Greenwich RQ865326
Pay Rate: £20.98 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Senior Lawyer (Safeguarding Children) is required to join a busy team dealing with a varied caseload and providing legal advice, support and representation to the council's Directorate of Children's Services.
- Advising and providing legal representation to Social Workers discharging their child protection functions.
- Advising and attending legal planning meetings to consider the issuing of care proceedings or invoking the public law outline.
- Attending pre-proceedings meetings with parents and external Lawyers.
- Dealing with miscellaneous enquiries on the interpretation of the legislation with regard to the council's duties and obligations and giving advice accordingly.
- Liaising with Social Workers and others involved in the discharge of child protection duties and keeping them informed of the progress of matters and taking any other appropriate measures to ensure continued legal service delivery.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified solicitor or barrister or chartered legal executive.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong regeneration and housing delivery experience.
- A track record of providing legal advice and support to customers in the subject area of property and regeneration law and practice.
- Ability to prepare and conduct of cases from instruction to completion including drafting claim forms, particulars of claim and witness statements.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal for negotiating with solicitors, defendants, members of the public and others.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to work flexibly across teams to meet deadlines and work demands and priorities.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Lawyer – Safeguarding Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.