- Pay Rate:
£21.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Interim Senior Lawyer - Children & Families
Reference no: MCC 0007 7634 / 1
Pay rate £21.50 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Standard DBS disclosure required
The role holder will provide effective advice and representation on complex legal work and projects of importance to Manchester and Salford and, where appropriate, to external bodies. The role holder will actively contribute to the professional development of the service and will have a proactive and positive manner
- Build and maintain excellent client relations acting as a role model to achieve service and council wide objectives.
- Providing timely, high quality and accurate legal, tactical and strategic advice.
- Use advanced analytical skills to interpret complex information to identify legal issues, risk and other implications for clients.
- To communicate both verbally and in writing to a consistently high standard with the ability to translate and present complex legal advice in a way that can be clearly understood by a variety of audiences.
- Where appropriate, to demonstrate exceptional advocacy skills achieving the best possible outcomes for the client.
- Demonstrate exceptional negotiating and influencing skills to achieve the best possible outcomes for clients.
- To be solution focussed always looking positively for ways in which the clients desired outcomes can be achieved.
- Research law and procedure to a high professional standard and keep ahead of legal developments.
- Demonstrate highly competent legal drafting skills.
- Deputise effectively when required in dealings with clients, legal management and legal matters
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A practising barrister, solicitor or Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (if FCILEX, with Advocacy Certificate)
- Extensive knowledge of the law relating to children and families
- Extensive recent experience of dealing with complex, high value and sensitive children and families matters
- Understanding the dynamics of conflict and how to achieve mutual agreement
- Application of strong analytical reasoning skills and intellectual focus, taking in the wider external and internal environments
- Ability to manage a complex range of functions and manage multiple priorities with confidence
- Ability to react to immediate problems of a highly complex nature with associated risk factors and deliver pragmatic solutions sometimes under extreme pressure
- Ability to take action to exploit ICT opportunities that will have a measurable effect on operational effectiveness, with associated benefits to the business
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Lawyer - Children & Families
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.