- Pay Rate:
Up to £23.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- CAMBRIDGE, Cambridgeshire,
Interim Senior Internal Auditor
Reference no: Cambridge 5242772
Pay rate: Up to £23.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: CAMBRIDGE, Cambridgeshire
Basic DBS required for this role
A Senior Internal Auditor is required to support the Head of Shared Internal Audit in delivering an effective Internal Audit function covering areas such as contracting and partnership arrangements, information governance and ICT, project and programme management and corporate governance and risk. To measure, evaluate and report upon the effectiveness of internal controls, financial, managerial and other, as a contribution to the efficient, effective and secure use of resources and to provide appropriate advice to the organisation, or its partners, on the above matters.
- Complete a range of audits, including risk-based audits and key financial systems reviews, as set out in the annual Audit Plan approved by the relevant Audit Committee.
- Prepare reports on the effectiveness of controls in mitigating risks and compliance with relevant legislation, Council policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations and agree appropriate actions with management to mitigate any control weaknesses identified or any areas of non-compliance.
- Respond to requests from management for audit advice / input into Council activities, including, but not restricted to, projects, contracting and procurement, system procedures, efficiencies and business transformation changes.
- Undertake special investigations, including whistleblowing reviews, on behalf of management as and when required.
- Supervise and carry out peer reviews as appropriate to individual audits.
- Maintain a knowledge of changes in the authority, in audit techniques and in rapidly changing technology.
- Represent the Head of Internal Audit or Principal Auditor on external bodies and internal working groups as and when required on audit matters.
- Carry out such other duties as required by the Head of Shared Internal Audit from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post.
- Observe the Council’s Equality and Diversity Policy Statement in all aspects of employment and service provision.
- Be aware of, and comply with, the Council’s policies and procedures on health and safety at work by adopting safe working practices; reporting any accidents and/or unsafe or hazardous conditions to management; and to do everything reasonable to prevent personal injury to yourself, fellow workers and members of the public.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Part qualified CCAB (or MIIA).
- Fully qualified CCAB (or MIIA) desirable.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Internal auditing experience.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk based internal auditing.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the current issues affecting Internal Audit in local government and the public sector
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and literacy skills. Be able to obtain data in a concise manner, interpret, form conclusions and negotiate and agree actions with managers at all levels.
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to influence, motivate and enthuse others.
- Political awareness and sensitivity.
- Positive commitment to customer care.
- Flexible approach to work demands.
- Motivated and willing to learn and keen to develop the IA service.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Internal Auditor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.