- Pay Rate:
£16.12 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- SANDBACH, Cheshire,
Temporary Senior Intelligence Officer
Reference no: Cheshire E 5233894
Pay rate: £16.12 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: SANDBACH, Cheshire
A Senior Intelligence Officer is required to provide business intelligence through consultation research, analysis and interpretation to inform the Council and partner decision making. To identify and disseminate best practice in consultation activity by providing advice and guidance across the Council and to partners on surveys and other statistical methods (e.g. consultative forums) and on validity and reliability of surveys and consultation carried out to gain customer insight and the views of citizens. Undertake statistical and other research and analysis to contribute to the wider work of the Business Intelligence and Data service to inform commissioning decisions of the Council.
- Identify and implement the most appropriate survey methodology (e.g. Citizens Panel, electronic survey, postal survey, etc.) to meet client requirements and to provide the required depth of intelligence to inform need.
- Lead survey and consultation exercises including the ongoing management of fieldwork and in consultation with the Team Manager ensure that planning, reviewing, monitoring and supervision is undertaken using defined project management principles.
- Develop and provide ongoing management of any consultative forum, such as the citizens panel or customer feedback groups that the Council may put in place and liaise with services and/or partners on the use of such forums.
- Undertake qualitative research, e.g. focus groups, as appropriate to the requirements of the organisation or specific clients.
- Produce, collate and analyse appropriate data sets of quantitative and qualitative information using a variety of methodologies (including creation of coding frames and filters) and provide information and/or reports (including graphical and tabulated formats) to inform policy and service developments that promote transparency and inform commissioning decisions.
- Maintain an overview of Council and partner consultation activity and other research to provide meta analysis of data to support wider research and the provision of intelligence to the Council and its partners.
- Provide guidance and advice on use and interpretation of survey generated customer intelligence to support the delivery of the business intelligence function to promote evidence led and targeted business planning, development and service delivery across Council services.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to officers commissioning external consultation activity to ensure a high level of professional competence and to ensure that required and effective outcomes are achieved and value for money is delivered.
- Quality assure data used in surveys and other statistical and research analyses and briefing through the application of data quality protocols and ensure that users of data are aware of data quality issues.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Intelligence Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.