- Pay Rate:
£19.85 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 11-12 months
- Beverley, Yorkshire, East Riding,
Temporary Senior HR Officer – Human Resources
Reference no: E Riding 5234185
Pay Rate: £19.85 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 11-12 months
City: Beverley, Yorkshire, East Riding
Hybrid working – 2 days in the office per week
The purpose of the role is to provide a comprehensive, high quality, efficient and cost effective service on complex human resources issues of both a general and specialist nature, i.e. disciplinary, grievance, capability, ill health, harassment, general reviews, ET’s and TUPE.
- Promote and provide effective and proactive communication mechanisms and employee relations with employees and recognised Trade Unions.
- Provide a professional and proactive approach to ensure that the Council takes the necessary steps to meet current and future employment legislation requirements.
- Research and prepare reports on behalf of the Director of Corporate Resources, Head of Human Resources and Committees as necessary.
- Understand and apply local and national conditions of service, ensure consistency of implementation and management across the Council of policies and procedures.
- Manage, lead, support and develop Human Resources Officers to help meet the section’s objectives.
- Undertake research as directed, report on findings and make relevant recommendations.
- Set clear targets and standards of performance, monitor performance and ensure processes are in place to support or report on areas or individuals not performing to standard.
- Represent the Directorate as directed on committees, working groups at meetings etc.
- Work at high level of initiative with minimum supervision to support the Directorate by undertaking complex high level HR Project work of corporate importance.
- Co-ordination of monitoring reports and review of associated HR policies, procedures and protocols as directed.
- Provide standard/ad hoc monitoring information for HR service plan and performance.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- CIPD qualified.
- A Degree or equivalent.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Broad based professional HR experience in a large, unionised, multi-functional organisation with an emphasis of employee relations (eg discipline, ill health, harassment etc)
- Worked at a senior level
- Demonstrate a level of knowledge, understanding and ability to support others
- Successfully negotiated change, involving trade unions
- Experience writing and presenting reports
- Collaborative working, working with managers to ensure they understand the boundaries between HR responsibilities and management responsibilities, promotes leadership of HRM.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior HR Officer – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.