- Pay Rate:
£18.85 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WIDNES, Cheshire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Senior Finance Officer – Client Finance
Job Reference: Halton RQ737901
Pay Rate: £18.85 per hour PAYE
To deliver a highly effective finance service that enables the council to deliver to outcomes. Operating efficiently, using existing processes and procedures to advise on best accounting practice to improve and enhance service delivery.
- Provide financial support, advice and information to a range of customers and organisations, responding to routine procedural queries as well as non-routine issues and requests
- Work on computerised financial transaction systems and standard software packages to support the delivery of effective budgeting systems throughout the year (including budget profiling and budget adjustments as required).
- To report and monitor Business Unit performance targets as defined in the Operating Level Agreement
- Support the design and effective operation of high quality financial control standards across the council.
- Maintain financial systems data integrity, supporting the design of effective quality financial control across the council.
- Promote good working relationships with the external/internal auditors and contribute to the prompt resolution of any audit queries. Providing support where necessary to senior officers with regard to audit queries.
- Supervise and advise more junior staff within own work area as necessary.
- Undertake benchmarking activities including collection and manipulation of data sets.
- Participate and contribute to projects as required, enabling managers to meet their financial and budgetary responsibilities by providing effective financial support and monitoring.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Part Qualified Accountant or a Finance/Accounting degree
- Experience of working with budgets and accounts
- Experience of working in a customer focus environment supporting a range of managers.
- Experience of the financial management and production of the reports
- Experience of working with complex budgets and accounts
- Experience of working on the finance project
- Experience of working in a customer focus environment that enables managers to take responsibility of their financial accountabilities
- Experience of the financial management and production of the comprehensive reports (e.g statement of accounts)
- Knowledge of local authority accounting requirements
- Good theoretical knowledge of UK accounting standards and their application to statute in a local authority context
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Finance Officer – Client Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.