- Pay Rate:
£20.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Interim Senior Finance Officer
Reference no: C Bedfordshire RQ804460
Pay rate £20.00 per hour PAYE
To support the Finance Manager in the efficient and effective provision of a comprehensive finance function, including all aspects of the annual estimates process, budget maintenance, monitoring, control and reporting and the year end closing of accounts, in accordance with statutory requirements and the Council’s policies and procedures
- To assist with the efficient and complete preparation of detailed revenue and capital expenditure and income budgets in conjunction with operational managers and Finance Managers, in line with the Council’s policies and procedures.
- To assist with the development, maintenance and review of budget monitoring, control, reconciliation and reporting in conjunction with operational managers and to contribute to the continuous improvement of departmental systems in line with financial best practice as required by the Customer Service Finance Manager.
- To assist with reviewing and improving the development of local commitment monitoring financial and activity systems used by operational managers to ensure consistency, effective reconciliation and financial best practice.
- To be responsible for assisting with the efficient and timely completion of specific tasks within the annual closing of accounts process, including the preparation and submission of grant claims and the on-going maintenance, reconciliation and review of the accounts for specific areas of responsibility.
- To be responsible for assisting with the preparation, analysis and provision of accurate financial and management information to be included in statutory returns and reports, in line with statutory requirements and the Council’s policies and procedures.
- To assist with supporting effective liaison with the Finance teams and budget holders in relation to timely and accurate budget monitoring, control, reconciliation and reporting.
- To assist with supporting effective liaison with Government departments and statutory agencies, particularly in relation to matters including statutory returns and government grants, to maximise income due to the Council.
- To support effective liaison with external and internal audit, including the efficient filing and retention of documentation, maintaining appropriate audit trails for subsequent retrieval as and when required.
- To be responsible for assisting with the efficient preparation and production of timely and accurate routine and ad-hoc management information, in relation to all aspects of the finance function, as required by the Financial Operations Team.
- To assist with supporting effective liaison with other teams and to promote joint working arrangements and the sharing of information
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to A Level, BTEC National, or equivalent
- Preferably studying AAT qualification or substantial finance officer exp
- Good knowledge and understanding of accountancy concepts and principles
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- One year’s experience of dealing with finances and accounts in a large complex organisation
- Local government experience including an understanding of Support Services Finance
- Ability to lead on specific tasks and projects at an appropriate level
- Ability to deal effectively with complex queries and to provide appropriate advice as required
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands and to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Finance Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.