- Pay Rate:
Up to £26.42 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Ashton Under Lyne, Tameside,
Interim Senior Finance Manager – Financial Services
Job Ref: Tameside 0008 08D5 / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £26.42 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Ashton Under Lyne, Tameside
Hybrid working - Typically one day a week in the office
The role will be responsible for managing a professional team that delivers financial targets and outcomes for the Council into the medium and longer term with particular emphasis on obtaining value for money.
The successful candidate will need strategic financial expertise to provide high quality, timely and accurate financial information alongside the provision of advice and guidance that will contribute to the effectiveness of the organisational decision-making process.
- Provide finance management, technical and business planning advice, training and support within the appropriate areas of responsibilities to elected members, senior management, partners, internal and external clients.
- Proactively assist managers in client service areas to discharge their responsibilities for financial management and achieving performance targets within the parameters of the Council’s procedure rules, proper accounting practice and legislation. The Finance Business Partner will support a portfolio of designated clients that may change from time to time.
- Interrogate issues within the client services and identify solutions which are professionally and ethically sustainable.
- Lead the coordination of revenue budget, medium term financial strategy, service plans and annual accounts in accordance with stringent timescales and processes for the whole of the Council and at other times as required by clients.
- In conjunction with client management, to manage the monitoring of budgets on a regular basis indicating any variations to client and senior finance management and advise on appropriate remedial action.
- Evaluate and model medium and long term budget implications of client service provision.
- Identify and participate in service transformation, improvement and efficiency projects. To facilitate the preparation and delivery of efficiency and savings plans for service clients which support corporate long term financial planning including financial modelling and appraisal of options.
- Research and maintain awareness of alternative models of service delivery and, in conjunction with budget managers, consider how these can be implemented within the Council and / or with partners.
- Ensure appropriate benchmarking is facilitated and supported within Finance and client services.
- Supervise, manage and develop staff members of the team to ensure continuous service improvement.
- Manage the day-to-day work priorities and functionality of the team.
- Undertake continual professional development.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- CCAB/CIMA Qualified Accountant with sustained membership.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of budget preparation and control, closure of accounts in a large organisation and appraisal of business cases for new investment.
- Ability to advise and influence through negotiation, persuasion, and motivation, senior budget holders and other staff, including those within own team.
- Finance experience within a large complex organisation.
- Managerial experience within a finance environment, being able to demonstrate practical experience of leading, motivating and supporting colleagues to achieve key service objectives and outcomes.
Skills & Abilities:
- Up-to date knowledge of relevant accounting practices.
- High level of organisational skills, with the ability to manage a multi-priority workload across a range of diverse service areas.
- Strong analytical skills to analyse and understand complex data to develop strategic options, recommendations, policies, operating standards and working practices within the service, with a track record of problem-solving focusing on practical solutions and service improvement.
- Ability to provide sound strategic financial advice and guidance to senior officers and elected members of a large and complex political organisation.
- Ability to influence and negotiate successfully with a wide range of stakeholders and to secure positive outcomes.
- Demonstrate commitment to and focus on quality, practices and promotes professional high standards to consistently improve outcomes.
- Uses evidence to make improvements, seeks out innovation and actively develops themselves and others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a confident and credible presentational style.
- Demonstrable experience of use of IT and ledger packages to deliver finance service, including improving service delivery through IT solutions.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Finance Manager – Financial Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.