- Pay Rate:
Up to £23.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Interim Senior Finance Analyst – Finance Business Partnering
Reference no: Bury 0008 65A1 / 1
Pay rate: Up to £23.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
A Senior Finance Analyst is required to work as part of the Finance Team and play a key role in the discharge of the Directors Section 151 responsibilities including ensuring statutory and regulatory reporting and compliance by monitoring the performance of budget holders in carrying out their financial management duties and compiling monthly performance reports. To support the business partner and finance staff in providing strategic financial and technical advice and support to the organisation. This may include the provision of business modelling; analysis of financial risk and financial management information in support of strong financial performance; completion of statutory accounts and budget processes; reconciliations; supporting regulatory reporting requirements.
The post provides insightful analysis and options appraisals across the whole organisation. The role is to perform financial analysis and provide technical support and to communicate a clear position to relevant officers and Budget Holders. Deputise for the Business Partner where needed.
- Provide support to the Finance Business Partnering across the whole of the organisation. Build effective relationships with staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and builds trust with people involved in service, developing the financial acumen of budget holders.
- Play a key role in the discharge of the Directors Section 151 responsibilities including ensuring statutory and regulatory reporting and compliance by monitoring the performance of budget holders in carrying out their financial management duties and compiling monthly performance reports.
- Support the Business Partner in the planning, Capital and Revenue forecasting of services, monitoring and incorporating changes in activity linked to demographic changes. Support benchmarking analysis using available national resources, networks, best practice initiatives and vfm reviews, support the business in meeting challenging budget reduction programmes
- Support budget holders in closedown requirements and support the preparation of the council’s statutory accounts. Ensure the team meets timelines for statutory accounts and all returns.
- Monitor the performance of budget holders in their duties through the use of analytical techniques and reasoning.
- Analyse the impact of reports, policies and procedures relating to the area. Take personal accountability and hold others to account.
- Support on policy development in area of functional responsibility. Support development of the system, ensuring the relationship with IT supports its full functionality agrees changes as required.
- May be required to attend meetings or events outside of normal working hours.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Accounting qualification – CCAB membership or part qualified and studying towards a CCAB qualification/
- Have or working towards a recognised Finance Business Partner Qualification desirable.
- Experience of successful delivery of support and challenge to Services during budget setting, monitoring, and year end processes.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication skills with excellent listening and developed interpersonal skills together with persuasive analytical skills.
- Ability to formulate, prioritise, manage and deliver deadlines under pressure and to rapidly changing deadlines.
- Self-motivated, with a pro-active approach. Capable of working on own initiative.
- A team player demonstrating maximum flexibility, disciplined and deadline conscious.
- Highly analytical and numerate and ability to communicate complex information to non-experts.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Finance Analyst – Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.