- Pay Rate:
up to £216.44 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- CATFORD, LONDON,
Interim Senior Estates Surveyor
Reference no: Lewisham 0007 10A8 / 1
Pay rate up to £216.44 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
A broad range of commercial estate management and valuation functions, including lease renewals, rent reviews, new lettings and dilapidations. A significant proportion of the role will involve the management of the Catford Regeneration property portfolio. This will include managing external managing agents, letting agents, external contractors, and attending management and Board meetings
- To support the Estates Manager providing professional and technical advice on a variety of complex issues and projects relating to assets with a multi-million pound value, using relevant market knowledge and expertise to ensure that risks and savings are managed where possible and projects achieve value for money for the Council.
- To take responsibility for the management and negotiations for the valuation and estate functions to drive innovation, improved service outcomes and better value for money for the Council.
- To lead and develop a matrix managed environment in which workloads will be varied and priorities will change on a regular basis. To manage effectively within that structure, managing staff, external contractors and consultants as required, providing effective motivation, direction, performance management, coaching and personal support to enable them to work effectively within the matrix-managed nature of the team.
- To develop, manage and co-ordinate assigned portfolios, programmes and projects from inception to completion, ensuring that they are delivered to agreed time, cost and performance standards and in accordance with accepted and accredited professional standards whilst always seeking to achieve continuous improvement.
- To develop project proposals for effective asset management through feasibility work, to test their deliverability and make recommendations on the necessary funding.
- Work with managers across services to maximise development potential of the commercial and operational estate and seek funding opportunities for schemes from Regional and National Government and other external funding streams.
- On behalf of the Council negotiate and agree the price to be paid by the Council for property acquisitions, property disposals, rents paid and rents received in accordance with professional standards and the Council’s standing orders.
- To negotiate tenders for outsourced valuation, estate surveying and feasibility work on a project, including consultants and contractors, and to manage the appointment process, ensuring that contractors are appointed in accordance with the Council’s procurement requirements and to achieve value for money.
- To develop and implement appropriate controls and systems with respect to valuation and estates management to ensure effective management of risk and financial probity. To keep accurate records and contribute to monthly management and monitoring processes.
- Deal with correspondence and enquiries including Members and MPs’ questions and to liaise with external bodies as required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Surveying or Estate Management qualification and/or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Excellent knowledge of best practice in aspects of valuation and estates services experience within a similarly complex, challenging environment
- Excellent knowledge of commercial Landlord and Tenant Legislation
- Excellent knowledge understanding of the built environment and related regulatory compliance
- Excellent knowledge of the issues facing the management of a public sector organisation
- Substantial experience of valuation and estates management experience within a similarly complex and challenging environment with experience of managing programmes of work
- Demonstrable experience of commercial property management, and the negotiation of rent reviews and lease renewals from the serving of notices to completion to achieve agreed targets
- Experience of leading teams to deliver to specified outcomes in high pressure and ‘exposed’ environments, including evidence where you have contributed towards their personal and collective development
- Substantial experience of successful budgetary management and control, both at departmental level and contributing to overall corporate effectiveness
- Ability to establish effective and productive working relationships with elected Members and other key stakeholders
- Ability to both manage and support while maintaining high levels of accountability throughout the organisation
- Ability to understand complex policy issues and present them to a range of groups including staff, external partners, stakeholders and elected Members
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Estates Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.