- Pay Rate:
£30.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Interim Senior Environmental Health Officer – Health & Well Being
Reference no: Dudley 1004421
Pay Rate: £30.00 per hour PAYE
The purpose of the role is to carry out enforcement duties as required, by actioning all relevant legislation and administrating services for a wide variety of applications associated with the work of the Section in which the post holder is engaged.
- Responding to complaints and enquiries relevant to the work of the Section.
- Advising both the public and Council on specialist duties, enquiries and general issues of concern.
- The issue, monitoring and enforcement of permits to industrial activities prescribed under the Pollution Prevention and Control Act and inspection of the permitted activities.
- The Review and Assessment of Air Quality throughout the Borough.
- The provision and maintenance of the Councils air quality monitoring programme.
- Investigation of complaints of emissions including noise, vibration, dust, grit, fumes, gases, effluvia and odours from industrial & commercial premises.
- Assessing proposed developments within the borough for their pollution potential and identifying appropriate means of removing or limiting the environmental impact.
- Providing advice to the public, other council service areas and members on all environmental safety & health matters.
- Control of domestic emissions of smoke under the provisions of the Councils Smoke Control Order.
- Actioning issues concerning asbestos.
- Undertake the associated duties for public health functions that may be assigned to the post holder, including undertaking work within the remit of the Rabies Contingency Plan.
- Dealing with any other work which may be assigned by the Head of Environmental Health and Trading Standards or Public Protection Manager from time to time.
- Attend and give evidence in Court with regard to legislation enforced by the Section, including as necessary the supervision of officers and appropriate consultants who may assist in the discharge of their responsibilities.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working on own initiative, organise workloads, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience working in fast passed environment.
- Experience of composing written materials that meet customers’ needs.
- Good verbal and written communication skill.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full UK driving licence and us of their own car.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Environmental Health Officer – Health & Well Being
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.