- Pay Rate:
£401.61 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- STAFFORD, Staffordshire,
Full Job Title: Interim Senior Commissioning Manager – Social Care
Job Reference: Staffordshire 5211708
Pay Rate: £401.61 per day PAYE
You will support either the drug/alcohol work programme, or the obesity programme - experience in those areas is desirable but not essential. Commissioning experience is essential as is the ability to work with minimal supervision and to take responsibility for achieving agreed goals.
This job plays a key role within the wider Public Health and Prevention, Adult Social Work and Safeguarding and Care Commissioning teams where the focus is to achieve outcomes to meet the needs of people relating to care and public health.
This post will assist Consultants in Public Health or Lead Commissioners by providing specialist advice and support in all elements of commissioning, needs assessment and service design to achieve better outcomes. Although working to a care group or public health specialism, the post holder will be expected to be flexible across all care groups and specialisms and ensure that cross cutting issues are identified and developed.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent, professional qualification or other evidence of considerable analytical abilities
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development
- Minimum of 3 years strategy and commissioning experience in a relevant field affiliated to health and social care
- Experience of commissioning effective services in a multi-agency environment
- Experience of developing strategies and services in partnership with customers and stakeholders
- Experience of managing and/or motivating staff and colleagues to achieve maximum potential
- Experience of undertaking needs assessment work and understanding of variety of techniques which can be used
- Experience of designing, delivering and managing service and culture change
- Experience of using IT systems to gather, analyse and present information
- Extensive knowledge of public sector, social care and health and NHS policy, services and legislation
- Knowledge of the planning and delivery of services in relation to Health and/or Adult Social Care
- Knowledge of the roles of local authority departments, CCGs, Provider Trusts, Health Services and voluntary organizations
- Knowledge of inter agency financial and decision making
- Understanding of business planning and performance management
- Understanding of the range of methods available to engage service users, carers and patients
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to support the development of business cases for alternative models of service delivery
- Ability to work in a complex environment and network across organizational boundaries
- Ability to translate and interpret complex data and legislative documents into policy and practice
- Ability to deliver training sessions, presentations and workshops
- Ability to work with elected members, board members and senior staff from internal and external organisations
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Commissioning Manager – Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.