- Pay Rate:
£10.42 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- Taunton, Somerset,
Temporary Senior Business Support Assistant/Administrator
Reference no: Somerset TCL0006 91E8 / 1
Pay Rate: £10.42 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
Hybrid working - 1-2 days working on site, across multiple district offices. Flexible hours available. PT and condensed considered for the right candidate.
The Assignment requires the development and maintenance of acquired knowledge concerning operational / service-based specialist processes and procedures in order to support practitioners and/or senior officers. In addition, the Assignment requires an understanding of operational standards and priorities and the context in which decisions are made.
- Take the lead responsibility for organising, administering, and minuting/recording a range of meetings, Team, Federation, etc. Some of these may be multi-agency and take place within statutory/regulatory frameworks and deadlines. The subject matter may be complex/sensitive/confidential and will require close working with senior officers to ensure due process and accurate outcome recording.
- Act as a point of contact, and due to the nature of the service provided, the enquiries will often be sensitive or complex. Use experience, acquired knowledge and discretion to answer, resolve queries, provide and explain information as directed by a senior officer or to make an accurate record of the request and ensure that it is passed to a suitable respondent.
- Provide direct support to practitioners and operational staff by arranging and prioritising operational activities which will involve engagement with service users, members of the public, other agencies and stakeholders, for example, organising the booking of speakers and rooms, and supporting senior officers with the administration of their training delivery.
- Use and/or manipulate reporting and recording systems such as RiO and Care Plus, to provide senior officers with management information. Develop and use systems to access/monitor collective team information on behalf of the Team Manager, identify areas of concern and make recommendations as required.
- Where required provide business support by taking the lead responsibilities for a range of
- administrative matters e.g. annual leave monitoring, arranging maintenance and repair of equipment, provide direct administrative support for Managers. Ensure team procurement card spending and reconciliation are in line with SCC Regulations.
- Assist with setting up new starters with equipment, passes etc or assisting existing team members with replacement items. Maintain an overview of equipment / stationery the team require and order as required.
- In liaison with others the Assignment may include tasks relating to the local management of the building within established SCC policies and procedures.
- The Assignment may contain the supervision and deployment of a support assistant.
- Collating, processing and/or calculating information which can be of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to GCSE Level / NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Administrative experience in an office or educational environment.
- Ability to take accurate notes at high profile meetings.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, prioritising own workload, and the ability to work flexibly and efficiently
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarify.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Business Support Assistant/Administrator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.