- Pay Rate:
£12.93 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Senior Business Support Admin Officer – Resources
Reference no: Newcastle 6121314198238
Pay Rate: £12.93 per hour PAYE
Minute taking skills & experience is essential for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive business and administrative support services to make sure that Directorate needs are met in line with the Cabinet’s vision, priorities and values. Provide personal support to Directors and Senior Officers within the Council.
- Take part in identifying and implementing business process improvements.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, review and maintenance of business systems and processes.
- Mentor, advise and give guidance to business support staff. This includes demonstrating duties and allocating and overseeing work as needed.
- Deal with enquiries, including those of a complex and technical nature about the service and in line with our procedures and protocols.
- Prepare documents, including correspondence, reports and management information as needed.
- Work with nominated officers responsible for maintenance, repairs and security of designated buildings providing administrative support as needed.
- Organise and contribute to skills transfer activities to support business continuity and to continually improve our service.
- Give confidential, personal secretarial support including arranging and servicing meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive joint working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Give a professional and courteous reception service as needed.
- Account for, reconcile and make sure of the security of stock, petty cash or cash equivalents in line with our Financial Regulations.
- Promote and implement our equal opportunities policies in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
*** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of providing high level administrative support in a busy, frontline environment.
- Previous experience in a PA type role would be desirable.
- The provision of high levels of customer service.
- Clear knowledge and ability to demonstrate discretion and handling of highly confidential information.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Minute taking skills and support to meetings.
- Experience of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with customers, officers and stakeholders.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills whilst working to challenging deadlines.
- Working both as part of a team and independently.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring by providing advice and guidance.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Business Support Admin Officer – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.