- Pay Rate:
£17.75 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 - 2 months
- Islington, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Senior Business Support Admin Officer - Children's Services
Reference no: Islington RQ714194
Pay Rate: £17.75 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
To provide business and management administration support to the Youth Justice Service and senior managers. This will include preparation for panels and minuting meetings, diary management and PA duties to YJS and TYS managers.
You will work with practice and business support team leaders to implement and maintain administrative systems that will support the work of the specified team and advise on the administrative requirements to support the team.
You will provide a comprehensive and efficient administrative service to all members of the Team, thus ensuring the service operates effectively and efficiently.
Main responsibilities: -
- To provide a comprehensive business support service to the management team
- Working with software applications to collate information in preparation for court every Tuesday
- Liaise with colleagues both within the council and outside agencies to coordinate and produce accurate documents for court and other meetings.
- Working co-operatively and flexibly with agencies and other stakeholders such as the police and other local authorities
- Administering meetings, (scheduling and collating relevant information and taking minutes) as well as events (e.g. interviews, training, briefings, workshops)
- To undertake duties appropriate to the role and grade as directed by the line manager
- To use Microsoft Office and other ICT systems to produce reports, spreadsheets and other documents as required
- To compile accurate data in preparation for high profile meetings such as the Multi-Agency Risk Panel (MARP)
- Research and assisting in the production of large documents in clear written English and to a high standard of presentation
- Logging and tracking staff returns in relation to training attended and maintaining clear records of work
- Providing general administrative support to team members
- Assisting with meeting preparation, room bookings, verifying attendance, providing hospitality, attending meetings and taking minutes. To ensure that
- these are organised, accurately minuted and decisions recorded in accordance with departmental, corporate and statutory requirements
- Maintaining electronic diaries and scheduling appointments
- Monitoring and dealing with incoming telephone calls, taking messages and passing on promptly to the relevant person
- Basic admin support tasks (e.g. photocopying, mail outs, welcoming visitors)
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Previous experience of administrative work in the public, voluntary or private sector.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook to advanced level (Microsoft Visio and/or Project is desirable)
- An awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Experience of providing administrative support to managers and to monitor competing demands to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people including senior managers internal and external to the council (e.g. Department for Education officials)
- Ability to provide general administrative support to a high standard including all administrative tasks specified in the job description
- Excellent written English including the ability to minute meetings to a high standard, write up minutes, work on procedural and policy documents and to undertake proof reading
- Excellent minute taking skills
- Ability to use the Internet to locate and retrieve information
- Willingness to learn new software and database applications including MS Visio and in-house client database applications
- Ability to support and adapt to change effectively
- Ability to ensure compliance with standards and deadlines
- Ability to work well as a team member as well as independently on tasks
- Ability to problem solve and with others to devise creative solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to manage time effectively, to manage own workload and to prioritise tasks
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Business Support Admin Officer - Children's Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.