- Pay Rate:
£10.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
22.20 Monday accross three to four days
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Taunton, Somerset,
Temporary PT Senior Business Support Admin Assistant
Reference no: Somerset TCL0006 E207 / 1
Pay Rate: £10.98 per hour PAYE
Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation
Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The purpose of the role is to take the lead responsibility for organising, administering and minuting/recording a complex range of meetings, panels, reviews, Child Protection conferences, etc. Many of these will be multi-agency and take place within statutory/regulatory frameworks and deadlines.
The subject matter will be complex / sensitive/ confidential and will require close working with social workers and managers to ensure due process, statutory timescales and accurate recording. Notes from these meetings can be used in court proceedings and other judicial processes.
- To act as the first point of contact for the operational team. Due to the nature of the service provided, the enquiries will often be sensitive/complex/contentious.
- Use experience, acquired knowledge and discretion to answer / resolve queries, provide and explain information and to make an accurate record of the request/complaint and ensure that it is passed to a suitable respondent. Uses judgement to decide what issues need immediate referral to a manager.
- Provide direct support to Social Work practitioners and operational managers during the working day. Arranges and prioritises operational activities which will involve engagement with service users, members of the public, other agencies and professionals. This requires a clear understanding of the practitioner’s commitments and capacity and ability to assess priorities, deadlines and availability.
- Appropriately and promptly maintain and update records in case management systems (primarily LCS and Homefinders) ensuring validity of data. This will include inputting information as directed by Social Workers.
- Be proactive in arranging simple services for clients, such as organising transport, medical and dental appointments within timescales set by national standards etc. This will involve liaising with other teams and services such as the Transport Team, hospitals and GP practices and informing client / carers of details.
- Use and/or manipulate reporting and recording systems (primarily LCS and Homefinders ) to provide senior officers with management information and identify areas of concern, making recommendations/referrals to practitioners/senior officers.
- Liaising with social work staff, managers and business support staff to ensure the validity and accuracy of information held on LCS. This contributes to safeguarding children and preparing for statutory planned and unplanned inspections of the service.
- Liaise with operational managers on a regular basis to provide information on the quality, timeliness and status of data relating to Assessments, Reviews, Personal Education Plan
- Reviews, Health Assessments and Dental Checks etc. Collate, validate and submit accurate
- Quality Assurance information and statistics such as staff supervisions held in the area, staff appraisals, audits etc.
- The Assignment may contain the supervision and deployment of a support assistant, and involvement with the induction of new team members.
- Use initiative and acquired knowledge to carry out research/project work as required by line manager or operational Team Manager.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE in at least five subjects (at grade C or above) including Mathematics and English, or equivalent.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Administrative experience in an office or educational environment.
- Ability to take accurate notes at high profile meetings.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, prioritising own workload, and the ability to work flexibly and efficiently.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Senior Business Support Admin Assistant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.