- Pay Rate:
£18.48 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Full Job Title: Temporary Building Surveyor – Asset Management
Job Reference: RQ722729
Pay Rate: £18.48 per hour PAYE
Having the responsibility to support the management of the in-house team of building surveyors.
You will manage consultants and contractors and by successfully challenging on resources, materials and equipment usage to ensure delivery of service excellence in the most economical and effective manner.
You will compile and provide concise monthly reports demonstrating the Council's position on the teams workload including where necessary consultants and contractor’s performance, and where there are shortfalls, address these shortfalls in a timely manner.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- MRICS/MCIOB or equivalent or a minimum of post academic qualification of 10 years together with a proven track record of delivery of projects and resource management.
- Knowledge & Experience:
- An experienced, skilled, qualified and knowledgeable Building Surveyor with proven ability to deliver a wide range of projects to meet and exceed client expectations
- Experience of successfully implementing plans and projects to time and budget
- Experience of successfully managing performance and providing clear constructive feedback
- A thorough working knowledge of current building legislation, e.g. CDM regs, Building Regs, Planning legislation, codes of practice etc. together with a working knowledge of standard forms of contracts ( incl. JCT ), and knowledge of various forms of procurement for new build, refurbishment, maintenance projects and services, using bills of quantities, schedules of works and the like.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the political structure and role of elected members
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively plan and manage budgets and resources
- Evidence of high levels of customer service and satisfaction
- Ability to lead in the management of a team of professional and technical staff including allocation of responsibilities, and performance management, taking a lead role for projects and/or programmes of work within a multi-disciplinary team environment, working in collaboration with, and co-ordinating input of all disciplines (incl. appointment / management of external consultants)
- Ability to engage, coach and motivate teams and set clear targets and expectations
- Ability to work collaboratively both with own service and across other services
- ICT Skills:
- High standard of IT skills, incl. use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, MS Project etc.), and industry IT systems (e.g. BIM, NBS, MS Project etc.)
- Ability to use AutoDesk-AutoCAD at all levels and be capable of developing other team members to use the system.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Building Surveyor – Asset Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.