- Pay Rate:
up to £166.50 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
Senior Building Control Officer
Reference no: Dudley 1004312
Pay rate up to £166.50 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
To implement and enforce the requirements of the Building Regulations and Associated Legislation in an effective and efficient manner, both in an office and site environment, dealing with a varied and heavy workload, to ensure that Statutory Requirements are met
- To be responsible for and to manage their own work in consultation with the Building Control Manager, ensuring that the services provided are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- To maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of appropriate legislation, the Building Regulations and Approved Documents, Government Guidance and Circulars, British Standards, approved Codes of Practice and Best Practice Technical Guidance necessary for the performance of the Post holder, the team(s) and the Section, and to update knowledge relating to e-planning and on-line services, and be committed to undertake a process of continuous learning and development.
- To undertake, in a safe manner complying with all necessary Health and Safety requirements, Site Inspections as appropriate so as to ensure constructed works are in compliance with Statutory Legislation and Guidance and to undertake associated administration.
- To prepare statements of evidence on Building Regulation matters and to give evidence on behalf of the Council at examinations in public, court, public inquiries and informal hearings and where necessary act as an expert witness.
- To assist the Building Control Manager with the audit and review of processes and procedures.
- To assist the Building Control Manager in the implementation of service and operational plans and to ensure information is collected and maintained regarding targets and performance as required. Job Description Senior Building Control Officer – 2022
- To respond appropriately to routine enquiries by e-mail, letter, and telephone or in person, relating to building control matters.
- To advise the public, developers, statutory bodies, Council departments, Councillors and other interested parties in matters relating to building control, associated legislation and constructional matters in general.
- To be flexible in approach to the work of the section and to be capable of leading new teams or task specific teams as required. To liaise with colleagues in other services and sections.
- To ensure that the requirements of Directorate, Divisional and Section Codes of practice and procedures, the Council’s Standing Orders, financial regulations and emergency plan are complied with for all work under the post holder’s control
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Building Control Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.