- Pay Rate:
£22.11 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
Interim Senior Building Control Officer
Reference no: Tameside BL TCL0007 2838 / 1
Pay rate £22.11 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
Building control officer to assist with delivering the building control service in Tameside
- Co-ordinate and supervise in a professional and effective manner al' the activities associated with Deposited Plans, Building Notices, Applications for the Regularisation of Unauthorised Work, and site inspections for compliance with Building Regulations.
- Assist Trainee Building Control Surveyors in the examination of deposited plans and with site inspections during the training process
- Responds and attend to dangerous building call outs during working hours and if requested at any time during the day or night for major incidents. Inspect and determine action required to remove danger, prepare and issue legal notices, statements of evidence and attend court as an expert witness. Instruct and supervise contractors on site where appropriate in the safe removal of danger.
- Have knowledge and experience of working with the Building Act 1984, as well as the ability to implement new legislation including the Fire Safety Act 2021 and working with the proposed new Regulator under The Building Safety Act 2022.
- Actively promote the Building Control Service to developers, contractors, the public and other professionals in line with the business marketing of national LABC Services.
- To ensure the Council’s safety policies are understood and complied with.
- To represent Planning and Building Control and the Authority at meetings and working groups when requested.
- To give professional advice to Management, Committees and working groups on aspects of the Building Control function.
- To undertake such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the job
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- The Association of Building Engineers
- The Royal Institute of Charter Surveyors
- Knowledge of all aspects of building work and construction
- Previous experience in a Building Control, Surveyors, Architects, Engineers or similar professional office
- Interpersonal skills
- Visual communication skills
- Ability to work outside in all weathers, climb scaffolding and inspect roofs
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Building Control Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.