- Pay Rate:
£408.88 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 10-11 months
- North Greenwich, London,
Interim Senior Application Engineer – ICT Services
Reference no: TLX 0008 0254 / 1
Pay Rate: £408.88 per day PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 10-11 months
City: North Greenwich, London
Hybrid working - candidates must have excellent broadband for hybrid working and use of their own laptop.
The Senior Application Engineer will be accountable for the provision of Level 2 (and where appropriate Level 3) service for part the Railway Timetabling System, ensuring that all services are delivered to the agreed standards, quality and performance.
The engineer will manage and investigate incidents, debug code and make improvements in accordance to the importance and criticality determined by the business.
Additionally, the engineer will be focused on ensuring releases of the software are tested, quality assured, verified and deployed successfully.
- Responsible for executing support activities to enable fault resolution within the agreed SLAs to ensure the restoration of the services within the team’s portfolio.
- Responsible for developing and delivering recommendations to resolve critical defects and manage wider implications of system faults to ensure the restoration/improvement of the service.
- Assisting in recommending service and process improvements to ensure effective handling and correction of defects in the environments.
- Accountable for resolving incidents and fulfilling Service Requests within SLA targets, which are assigned to themselves, or ensuring they are moved to the correct resolver team.
- Escalating service incidents to a higher severity when appropriate to ensure the on-going security and safety of the business operation and delivery of service within SLAs.
- Responsible for Technical Knowledge Management, peer to peer training and knowledge handover to Application Engineers.
- Accountable for assisting Projects and other technical teams to deliver new services / update existing services in their portfolio.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Degree in the relevant field.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a complex multi site environment dealing with business applications and real time implementation systems.
- Proven track record of working within a support or operations environment.
- Well developed experience of issues and incident management and working within agreed SLAs.
- Working knowledge of ITIL V3 Service Management.
- Knowledge of current/emerging technologies and processes employed in Enterprise Wide IT services.
- Knowledge of two or more of the following - Enterprise Resource Planning, Asset Management Systems, Revenue.
- Collection, Document Management, Real-Time Information Systems, Forms Platforms, Operational Support, Reporting, Monitoring Applications, ITSM Toolsets and integration technologies/systems.
- Knowledge of agile project management methodologies.
- Working knowledge of solutions development methodologies.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills at a business and technical level.
- Highly skilled at solving and communicating complex problems
- Communicates clearly and is skilled at adapting their. communication style to meet the needs of the audience.
- Relevant Business Application technical support skills.
- UNIX/Bash Shell Scripting.
- Embedded C (ESQL).
- Ingres RDBMS (Administration).
- Ingres ABF (Application by form).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Application Engineer – ICT Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.