- Pay Rate:
£15.59 per hour PAYE (negotiable for the right candidate)
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- ATHERSTONE, Warwickshire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Senior Admin Support Officer – Development Control
Reference no: N Warwickshire 5219547
The Pay Rate is negotiable for the right candidate – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV.
This role will require 3 to 4 days of office/site based working at the start of the assignment, thereafter the work can be undertaken remotely.
Keeping up to date with changes in relevant Planning and Local Land Charges legislation, to have a in depth knowledge to assist in service delivery.
Management of a small team with responsibility for overseeing administrative support processes and carry out staff appraisals, review and personnel issues, performance management and development and training.
To manage the electronic delivery of Development Control service with the validation and registration of planning applications, enforcements and appeals and all other planning related applications.
To provide day to day technical support, advice and guidance of the Development Control and Land Charges, planning complaints and enforcement functions of the service (officers, councillors, external applicants, email, face-to-face, telephone, etc).
To regularly keep informed of developments in local land charges at national and local level including legislation, guidance, partners and NLIS and maximise income.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of managing a small team
- Knowledge and understanding of planning service functions including local land charges, searches and right to buys.
- Experience of sound budgetary control and management, preferably within a public sector environment.
- Experience of developing, reviewing and revising policies and supporting procedures.
- Experience of investigating and answering customer complaints and enquiries relating to planning services.
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation, regulation and practice, as well as of the technical and practical issues and principles of planning.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to plan and programme personal workloads, patterns, and priorities in order to effectively meet priorities.
- Ability to clearly express potentially complex and / or innovative development opportunities, projects and programmes, both orally and in writing, in a manner appropriate to the intended audience.
- Ability to confidently develop strong working relationships, effectively communicate with, and influence a wide range of individuals, organisations and groups, including senior officers, public, private and community sector representatives, professional and governing bodies, customers, local residents, etc.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in close co-operation with other officers within Development Control and with colleagues in other Council departments, neighbouring authorities and external agencies.
- Ability to use specific applications e.g. GIS and Local Land and Property Gazetteer.
- ICT Skills:
- Relevant information technology skills, including Planning system, Microsoft 365 including Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams.
- Experience of Idox cloud based database highly desirable.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Admin Support Officer – Development Control
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.