- Pay Rate:
£16.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Senior Accountant - Property, Housing and Regeneration x2
Reference no: Portsmouth 5223082
Pay Rate: £16.60 per hour PAYE
Two Senior Accountants are needed to provide high quality financial management, professional advice and accountancy services to either the Director of Regeneration or the Director of Housing, Neighbourhood and Building Services, their Senior Management teams and the budget managers within the Service.
- Provide support and information to key stakeholders (e.g., elected members, the public, other services within the organisation) via the Senior Accountant.
- Provide budget monitoring and forecasting information and contribute to the preparation of the final accounts and statutory financial statements plus other financial analysis as required.
- Assist in providing analysis and support for a wide range of tasks, including a range of financial and contractual issues, interpreting legislation, and applying financial regulations and codes of practice.
- Support the identification of cost and efficiency savings and will assist other team members in driving the budget process for the Service.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Be a qualified or part-qualified Accounting Technician.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of customer care, equalities & Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of Local Government Finance would be an advantage.
- Aware of the tools used to appraise and evaluating the financial implications of projects and proposals using accounting techniques and be able to prepare simple financial appraisals for onward review.
- Have experience of and the skills needed to meet deadlines.
- Have experience of preparing budgets and be able to assist in the preparation of monthly budget monitoring reports, preparation of monthly accounts, financial monitoring, and final annual accounts.
- Have proven experience in successfully developing and maintaining financial models.
- Be computer literate - have a high standard of spreadsheet skills and be proficient in the use of Word, Outlook and Excel etc.
- Ability to use financial information systems such as Oracle (E-Business Suite) and Business Intelligence would be an advantage.
- Able to form good relationships & provide a first-class service.
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, including senior officers.
- Have good organisational skills and be able to prioritise work & concentrate time on the most important matters to meet key deadlines.
- Be an effective team player with a positive outlook, willingness to learn and a flexible approach to work.
- Have an open mind and an ability to apply new ideas to improve processes that benefit all stakeholders.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Accountant - Property, Housing and Regeneration x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.