- Pay Rate:
£15.12 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Senior Accountancy Technician - Finance
Job Ref: E Cheshire 5217273
Pay Rate: £15.12 per hour PAYE
Candidates must have sustained experience of budgetary control as this is the main focus of the role, they must also have at least 2 years recent experience.
Provide, manage and develop service and corporate financial support to a designated service in order to facilitate the effective management of resources
- Advise and liaise with operational managers and within the Finance Service to ensure that detailed capital and revenue budgets are prepared and maintained in order to meet the Council’s Financial Standing Orders and current policies and guidelines.
- Collate and analyse financial information and provide an advisory service to individual operational managers to satisfy their needs and meet the corporate requirements of the Council.
- Provide and evaluate data for incorporation within financial reports to committees to ensure that decisions are taken with full knowledge of all resource implications.
- Maintain and lead on the development of computerised accounting and other systems to satisfy manager’s and corporate needs, ensuring the preparation of final accounts and related returns for specific areas of responsibility allocated to the job, to meet with the Council’s procedures and statutory obligations and timetables.
- Review, in conjunction with individual operational managers, performance against targets to ensure that appropriate actions are taken in accordance with current financial and service policies and guidelines.
- Lead, Initiate and maintain relationships with schools with clients, suppliers and other relevant parties, to ensure effective day to day operation of the team and take remedial action to maintain continuity of service and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure, for all areas of activity covered by the job, that all relevant returns and grant claims are submitted to meet specified return dates and that appropriate payments are initiated and income accounted for to optimise cash flow to the Council
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Member of Association of Accounting Technicians, or equivalent professional qualification, or degree level qualification in a relevant field
- At least 2 years recent experience in a similar financial/accountancy role
- Sustained experience of budgetary control
- Sound working knowledge of financial practices and procedures
- Detailed working knowledge and practical expertise in the use of PC and mainframe systems
- Extensive post-qualification experience
- Good communication skills, both oral and written – able to convey complicated financial information to a range of audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work to prescribed standards and deadlines with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to exercise initiative and to work independently
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Accountancy Technician - Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.