- Pay Rate:
£400.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- UXBRIDGE, LONDON,
Interim SEND Resolution Officer
Job Ref: Hillingdon RQ696305
Pay Rate: £400.00 per day PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
HCPC registration required for this role
To lead and manage the Council’s parental Appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SENDIST)
- To lead and manage the appeals process for the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Service to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SENDIST).
- To work collaboratively with SEND Officers and be responsible for managing queries related to Tribunal processes.
- To lead on developing appropriate policies, procedures, and systems in relation to complaints, disputes and appeals.
- To undertake appeals, work in line with statutory requirements and to represent the Local Authority at appeal hearings and ensuring compliance with subsequent Orders.
- To make decisions on behalf of the Local Authority in relation to appeals and complaints.
- To work with parents who have appealed, and their appointed parental legal representatives and legal agencies involved in the appeals process, to mediate and try to reach resolution without the need for formal Tribunal.
- To engage with parents and their legal representatives in mediation and ‘way forward’ meetings, in order to try to reach a resolution rather than appeals to a Tribunal Hearing
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or at least three years of experience in the field of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Extensive knowledge of the Children and Families Act and SEN Code of Practice
- Extensive knowledge of the SEND appeals process to Tribunal
- Significant experience of SEN Appeals and Tribunals
- Significant experience of working with education settings and parents/ young people
- Excellent written skills to produce high quality appeal reports and legal case responses
- Ability to be self-driven and enthusiastic to deliver innovative, practical, and credible solutions to problems
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
SEND Resolution Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.