- Pay Rate:
£31.29 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
Interim SEND Manager - Inclusion
Reference no: Lancashire RQ843295
Pay rate £31.29 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
Opportunity for remote working but an expectancy to come into the office which is based in Preston
You will be responsible for 4 area teams and between 40/50 staff
- To work under the direction of the Group Manager and work collaboratively with other SEND managers, ensuring that statutory assessment processes, and decisions relating to Education Health and Care Plans and placement of children with Education, Health and Care Plans support and complement a range of policy programmes designed to support and promote inclusive education in Worcestershire.
- To contribute to service development as a member of the SEND Service Management Team, leading on cross County priorities and/or tasks as determined by the Service Manager.
- To contribute to service development / improvement plan, taking responsibility for leading / monitoring specific areas.
- To represent the LA at SEND and Disability Tribunals, ensuring high quality preparation, presentation and follow up.
- To lead and oversee transition between different phases of education.
- To lead, oversee, co-ordinate and direct the work of other officers within the Area SEND team, ensuring high quality work and compliance with approaches designed to achieve performance outcomes, including relationships with parents, schools and other agencies.
- To carry out 1-1 supervision and coaching for other officers within the Area SEND team, arranging and raising awareness of training opportunities to support continued professional development.
- To ensure clear, coherent and sensitive communication with schools, parents and others on matters relating to the responsibility of the post.
- For the post holder's designated geographical area, ensure the effective administration of processes and procedures relating to the Education Acts 1996, the 2001 SEND Code of Practice together with the more recent Children and Families Act 2014 and the 2015 SEND Code of Practice including compliance with statutory time-lines for assessment and statements / Education Health and Care Plans and with Annual Review processes.
- To oversee the effective management and oversight of pupil casework in his/her Area
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree standard in either teaching, social care, child care, or psychology (or equivalent with evidence of relevant experience
- A relevant management qualification and evidence of ongoing management development (or equivalent with evidence of relevant experience)
- Knowledge of EHM case management system
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of mechanisms to support schools and other settings to meet the educational needs of children and young people with SEND
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative and regulatory framework for SEND and Government initiatives relating to SEND and working knowledge of related regulations (e.g. exclusions and admissions)
- Substantial experience of working with statutory complaints and the appeal processes, successfully defending and representing the LA where decisions are appealed
- Substantial experience of effective continuous improvement in service delivery
- Considerable experience of effective management of staff groups, and experience of building effective teams through coaching and the organisation of training opportunities
- Considerable experience of decision making within statutory frameworks, with financial implications and where decisions are subject to legal challenge
- Experience of working across organisational and managerial boundaries to achieve improved outcomes for children
- Able to lead workstream to review and establish new systems where appropriate to assist with the management of workloads with a focus on key phase transitions
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
SEND Manager - Inclusion
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.