- Pay Rate:
£18.86 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Oxford, Oxfordshire,
Temporary SEN Officer – Education
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5224039
Pay Rate: £18.86 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however, the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for aspects of SEN casework, for children and young people aged 0 to 25, working with the SEN Casework Team across Oxfordshire in Banbury, Abingdon and Oxford. Develop and secure the highest standards of achievement and inclusion for children and young people with SEN within the policy and budget framework of the Council.
- Manage and process, under the direction of the responsible SEN Team Leader, statutory casework within legal and internal timelines for a defined geographical area.
- Manage the assessment of children and young people with special educational needs in accordance with the SEN Code of Practice including identifying those requiring need assessments, co-ordinating assessments, writing EHC plans and arranging appropriate provision to meet children’s needs.
- Monitor the progress of children and young people with statements/EHC plans including amending statements/EHC plans in the light of Annual Reviews. Attending Annual Reviews as appropriate. Supporting and coordinating Transfer reviews of Statements to EHC plans
- Work in partnership with parents and other agencies to meet the needs of children and young people with SEN.
- Promote the successful inclusion of children and young people with SEN.
- Contribute to the development of policy, procedures and provision for children with SEN.
- Participate in the Local Authority’s systems for monitoring and quality assurance for children and young people with SEN.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge relating to SEN casework, including changes to national legislation and departmental policies.
- Maintain and update on a regular basis, the information held on the SEN service files and databases and to retrieve data and produce management information reports as required.
- Participate in the Application and Countywide Moderation and Resourcing Panels when required.
- Prepare and present cases on behalf of the Local Authority for SENDIST.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Higher education (degree or equivalent).
- Qualified Teacher Status – desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- SEN in schools and/or LA central administration experience.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Knowledge of the Code of Practice for SEN and new SEND reforms (Sept 2014), including identification, assessments and provision.
- Experience of writing Statements/EHC plans or Statement/ EHC plan contributions
- Experience of tribunal work e.g. preparing case statements/representing Las desirable.
- Budget monitoring or other financial experience desirable.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
SEN Officer x 2 – Education
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.