- Pay Rate:
£250.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
SEN Casework Officer
Reference no: Nottingham RQ779327
Pay rate £250.00 per day PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To provide an efficient, effective and responsive Special Educational Needs Service to parents, schools and children in accordance with the aims and objectives of the Children and Adults Department. To carry out casework in relation to children with special educational needs in accordance with the LA’s statutory responsibility including statutory assessments and Education Health and Care Plans, (EHCP)
- Manage casework and achieve effective outcomes for children and young people with the most significant complex special educational needs within a defined geographical area. Facilitate and lead a multi-agency approach according to the Children and Families Act 2014, with partner agencies.
- Devise, implement and monitor cost effective individual alternative education programmes for those children and young people with the most complex needs.
- Work in partnership with all agencies to ensure that children and young people with special educational needs are effectively safeguarded.
- Chair the EHC Assessment decision making Panel which is a multi-agency group comprising senior officers from education, health and social care. The panel makes decisions on requests for statutory assessments.
- Ensure that EHCPs and Note in Lieu’s are of a high quality and completed and issued within statutory timeframes defined within the Children and Families Act.
- Represent the LA at Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunals (SENDIST) and prepare and submit the LA’s Statement of Case.
- Advise and negotiate with Head Teachers about their responsibilities for children with special educational needs, and to direct admissions to schools where necessary.
- Contribute to the work of the SEN Team in respect of specific projects related to special educational needs provision and policy development.
- Be involved in the development and implementation of the SEN team’s objectives, as laid out in the SEN Service Plan.
- Act as Lead Officer or support the Lead Officer in the development and implementation of strategic objectives to improve service delivery
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge of, and ability to develop services in line with, departmental and corporate policies
- Specialist and detailed knowledge and understanding of the Local Authority’s statutory duties and other responsibilities for children with special educational needs
- Good knowledge of administrative practice and procedures
- Awareness and understanding of, and commitment to, the LA’s role as Corporate Parent
- Experience of assimilating written information to produce reports and other documents within a legal framework
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment
- Panel-chairing skills
- Mediation skills and the ability to manage conflict
- Ability to analyse, interpret and apply a complex range of legislation, policies and statutory guidance
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
SEN Casework Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.