- Pay Rate:
£11.11 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Secretariat Support Officer
Reference no: W Yorkshire BL TCL358142
Pay rate £11.11 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6 months
To provide a comprehensive administrative service to the Chief Officer Team, to ensure the smooth running of the Department
- Lead by example and behave in line with the Police Code of Ethics ensuring that the force values and behavioural expectations are clearly understood and considered by managers, officers and staff in their decision making and actions; reinforcing and influencing them through all interactions and processes.
- To record, action, manage and distribute where appropriate, all correspondence received in the Chief Officer Team, preparing responses where appropriate.
- Organise and oversee all Chief Officer Team Board Meetings in line with the annual Strategic Governance Cycle requirements. Liaise with appropriate colleagues to ensure all meetings are planned into the Chief Officer diaries in line with existing commitments.
- Ensure the timely preparation of agendas and supporting documentation for Chief Officer Board Meetings. Ensure all paperwork is presented in the appropriate format to each Board Meeting.
- To minute all Chief Officer Board meetings and produce an accurate record of discussion and outcomes in the relevant minute style as previously outlined by the respective Chief Officer.
- To actively contribute to the development and improvement of the administrative systems within the Secretariat Support Office.
- To support the secretarial needs of the Chief Officer Team, as directed by line managers. Tasks to include typing, low level research and low-level planning.
- Oversee ordering and stock rotation for stationery, consumables, direct issues and office supplies for the Chief Officer team as a whole.
- Undertake any other secretarial support work as directed including working at different locations. This is to provide business continuity and enable the Chief Officer Support Team as a whole to fulfil force wide needs
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 1 –Practitioner
- Knowledge of policy making processes and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant IT systems.
- Knowledge of Force structure.
- Knowledge of the roles of key contacts within the Force
- Experience of preparing reports for Senior Management
- Administration experience
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient typing skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Secretariat Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.