- Pay Rate:
£10.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
Temporary Seasonal Worker x9
Reference no: Durham 5140414249825
Pay rate £10.79 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 7 months
The post holder will be expected to undertake Grounds Maintenance and Street Cleansing duties normally under the direction of a Gardener 3 or 2 or Street Cleansing Charge-hand; however the post holder will be expected to work with minimum supervision when carrying out routine tasks
- To deliver horticultural and Street Cleansing duties under the direction of the Gardener 2 or 3 or Street Cleansing Charge-hand.
- Operate grounds maintenance machinery such as ride-on mowers and hand grass cutters, strimmers and blowers.
- Under the direction of a Gardener 3 or 2 assist with labouring tasks on planting and maintenance of shrub, rose and flower beds, tasks will include weeding, edging off and general tidying up.
- Under the direction of a Gardener 3 or 2 assist with labouring tasks on arboriculture work, tasks will include loading vehicle with timber, taking branches to chipper and keeping the area tidy.
- Under the direction of a Gardener 3 or 2 assist with labouring tasks such as hard landscaping, tasks will include lifting/ carrying materials, hand digging, general labouring duties including tidying up site.
- Carry out litter picking duties and collection of fly tips.
- Carry out edging off footpath duties and general tidying up of site on completion.
- To be aware of all risk assessments associated with work carried out and as such being responsible for own safety and the safety of others whilst carrying out any work and referring any concerns to immediate line manager for assistance where appropriate.
- Responsible for responding to basic enquiries from the general public whilst on site, referring any enquiries that cannot be resolved to the Team Leader.
- Maintain tools and equipment in a safe condition and report any defects to the vehicle workshops
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Trained and competent in the use a range of horticultural plant and machinery
- Some practical knowledge of horticultural works such as grass cutting, strimming, hedge cutting, and bed maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety requirements in this service area
- Experience of using plant and machinery associated with the role
- Basic oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, colleagues and general public.
- Ability to keep basic records and documentation
- Team Worker
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Hold a full clean driving licence that is appropriate to drive vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes and hand grass cutters.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Seasonal Worker x9
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.