- Pay Rate:
Up to £12.68 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
28 hours per week : 2 full days per week
This opening assignment is for 2 - 3 months
- Horsham, West Sussex,
Full Job Title: Temporary Safeguarding Conference Administrator - Admin & Clerical
Reference no: W Sussex RQ782452
Pay Rate: Up to £12.68 per hour PAYE depending on experience
A Standard DBS disclosure is required for this role.
Please note this role requires a mix of home and office working. 1 part time person required, to work 2 full days per week.
You will be a member of the Business Services team who is responsible for providing a range of administrative support within and across safeguarding administration services as determined by the Team Manager or Business Service Manager.
You will be responsible for the provision of an effective and efficient, professional and flexible administrative service to support our client.
You will undertake a range of administrative tasks as directed and maintaining excellent customer service and standards of work in order to uphold and enhance the reputation of the Business Services team.
Working on an assignment basis the Safeguarding Administrator will provide a range of administrative services requiring daily liaison with colleagues of all levels in both the Business Services and other teams.
You will be in regular contact with people who use the services, who may, at times, be distressed or angry.
The Safeguarding Administrator will be expected to adopt a flexible attitude to take account of the changing needs of both the Business Services and other teams.
Duties to include:-
- Taking notes or formal minutes (electronically) at meetings such as Adult or Child protection safeguarding case conferences or other such meetings whether there is a statutory or legal requirement to document the content of the meeting; including the use of medical and pharmaceutical terminology
- Providing a ‘Meet and Greet’ service
- Typing, formatting and presentation of documents such as reports, minutes, emails, letters, presentations
- Data entry to maintain or create spreadsheets and databases for the purpose of gathering statistics or record keeping
- View, update and maintain bespoke IT systems, responsible for the accuracy, confidentiality and security
- Ensuring the accurate and prompt filing of papers to manual or electronic filing systems and the update of tracking systems. Retrieval and archiving of files to file stores. Prepare new paper or electronic files and labels where required
- Liaising with partners such as Council teams, GPs, schools, mental health services, voluntary service agencies or police
- To co-ordinate case conferences or events which involve arranging dates, booking of rooms, informing attendees of arrangements and secure distribution of highly confidential papers
- Providing training to colleagues on administrative tasks, processes or systems
- As a member of a resource team, undertaking other administrative work consistent with the scope of the post as requested
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Demonstrable experience of using administrative systems and practices
- Good knowledge of a wide and varied range of IT software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and administrative systems such as electronic diaries, filing and databases
- Competent note taking skills (electronic) including high levels of accuracy and speed for taking minutes of complex meetings
- Ability to deal with distressing or emotional circumstances on a daily basis, in person, acting in an appropriate manner
- Ability to act with integrity and respect and honours confidentiality
- Initiative to respond to or escalate unexpected problems or situations
- Ability to prioritise own day to day workload following procedures and meeting deadlines
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands and/or a changing work pattern
- Ability to communicate with and develop good working relationships with a wide and diverse range of people
- Work as part of a team, sharing information, knowledge and experience with colleagues in order to deliver an excellent service
- Competent administrative skills to deliver a flexible and efficient range of administrative support tasks to various safeguarding service areas, demonstrating an awareness of the Service Level Agreements
- Act in an appropriate manner and with discretion, whilst hearing confidential, sensitive or disturbing information
- Experienced at producing correspondence such as letters, reports, emails, minutes, presentations to a high standard of presentation, grammar, spelling and accuracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide a polite and courteous ‘meet and greet’ service to meeting delegates including service users who may at times be distressed or angry; taking into account there may be barriers to understanding
- Responsible for the care of, accuracy, confidentiality, security and maintenance of admin related manual and/or computerised information
- Remains up to date and compliant with all relevant policies, procedures and systems in order to uphold standards of best practice associated with operating an administrative service
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Safeguarding Conference Administrator - Admin & Clerical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.