- Pay Rate:
Up to £25.34 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 9am to 4pm
This opening assignment is for 1 month
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire,
Interim Risk Assurance & Compliance Manager – Housing
Job Ref: Cambridge 5245013
Pay Rate: Up to £25.34 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 9am to 4pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 1 month
City: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Urgent Replacement - immediate start needed
The purpose of the role is to acting as the department’s risk assurance, compliance and strategic quality control lead.
- Be personally responsible for and direct the work of the Risk and Compliance Team and have responsibility for risk and compliance related E&F budgets.
- Ensure all material risks are fully identified, assessed and documented.
- Lead in the design, implementation, development and oversight of a robust Departmental Risk and Compliance Operating and Policy Framework.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate (as appropriate) activities across E&F (both delivered internally and through external contractors) to ensure that Framework is fully adhered to and effective.
- Monitor and report on all aspects of Risk Assurance and Compliance (within service).
- Maintaining robust records to provide a clear and transparent account of performance.
- Ensure all Risk Assurance and Compliance associated accidents and incidents are fully investigated, appropriately reported and that appropriate effective and timely corrective action is taken in response.
- Lead on risk assurance and compliance training strategy.
- Initiate and then lead strategic and continual improvement risk assurance and compliance projects.
- Ensure that all works comply with Health & Safety at Work Act and associated compliance legislation, CDM, Cambridge City Council’s Health & Safety Policy and Procedures, to ensure safe systems of works are in place to achieve Compliance inspections works without endangering residents, visitors and staff.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Professional risk and compliance related qualification, ideally NEBOSH Certification.
- Degree level education.
- GSCE (or equivalent) English and Mathematics.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Several years’ experience of working in a compliance-based environment including the auditing of business processes and compliance-based activities.
- Demonstrable experience in risk management (identifying and managing risks/emerging risks).
- Experienced contractor management.
- Clear staff management and development.
- Experience of managing compliance in more than one of asbestos, fire safety, legionella related projects and compliance standards, within the Housing sector.
- Working knowledge and understanding of property asset management and maintenance together with related compliance requirements.
- Expert knowledge of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, Asbestos Management HSG 264, P405, P402, ACOP L8 and LOLER and a good understanding of M&E industry regulation.
- Being an expert in at least one compliance area, preferably fire risk or asbestos management.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent influencing, negotiating, communicating, organisation and analytical skills.
- Resilience, an inquisitive nature and a pragmatic approach to risk management.
- A natural leader with ability to prioritise workloads and manage multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to extract key compliance information from legal contracts and other agreements.
- Ability to think laterally and develop, secure buy-in to and implement practicable solutions.
- Ability to travel from site to site around the city.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Risk Assurance & Compliance Manager – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.