- Pay Rate:
£235 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9-10 months
- Westminster, London,
Interim Reward Analyst – Human Resources
Reference no: TLX 0007 8DCC / 1
Pay Rate: £235 per day PAYE
This opening assignment is for 9-10 months
Hybrid working - 2/3 days per week in the office
The role supports the Reward & Recognition team in delivering key BAU processes and activities such as annual pay reviews across a number of different pay frameworks, pay planning and pay structure maintenance, remuneration committee paper development, strategic pay audits and pay gap reporting. The role also assists our Benefits Management and Recognition processes requiring liaison directly with our external providers as well as market comparison, research and data analysis related to our internal frameworks.
- Conduct remuneration benchmarking and provision of in-depth analysis of external market data, drawing comparisons with internal base pay and total remuneration, in order to establish the market position at an organizational, functional or discipline level.
- Benchmark, research and investigate through pay surveys and participation in external Reward forums, analysing and evaluating internal and external information to support the improvement of market benchmarking.
- Support the development of pay structures through the analysis of external market data to recommend pay range values and structure design that is appropriate.
- Provide clear, relevant analytical data to support the delivery of strategic pay audit reports and our pay gap reporting.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain a reward dashboard that provides current, clear and concise information relating to all aspects of Reward.
- Support the delivery of the annual Chief Officer and Director pay benchmarking exercise through the production of all aspects of internal remuneration for this employee group.
- Design individual remuneration packages and variable pay schemes as required by the Reward & Recognition Team, to ensure offers are market competitive whilst maintaining internal relativities.
- Support the development of remuneration committee papers through the provision of internal and external pay information and research as required.
- Support our benefits management processes e.g. for private medical benefit, Childcare Vouchers and cycle to work scheme liaising with external providers as required and including development and maintenance of or SharePoint based Reward Hub.
- Support the day to day management of our Recognition frameworks e.g. Make a Difference, managing employee queries and processes associated with the online platform.
- Support Cost Centre management processes around Supplier invoicing, purchase order management and accruals.
- Support our Royal Recognition activity as required to ensure timely delivery of citations from the business to the DfT Honours Committee.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- HR Professional Qualification – CIPD is desirable.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of benchmarking requests – Use of Willis Tower Watson would be desirable
- Hay gap reporting experience
- Experience of presenting complex analytics in a user friendly way
- Experience of developing and implementing pay, reward and recognition solutions aligned to the business and people strategies such as annual pay review and performance award processes.
- Proven advanced excel skills for complex modelling, data management, advanced formulas, pivot tables.
- Analytical and numerate with experience of analysing and interpreting data and clearly communicating findings.
- Experience of interrogating data to understand problems and provide appropriate solutions or recommendations.
- Solid experience of remuneration benchmarking practices and data sources including pay survey submission and results analysis, (preferable to have experience of using Willis Towers Watson MDS survey).
- Well organised with experience of managing a varied workload to tight timescales.
- Experience of working in a Reward environment.
- Link between business strategy and HR strategy.
- Design of overall reward programmes, packaging elements to attract, motivate and retain individuals and groups.
- External developments and best practice in reward and recognition
- Legal, tax law and regulations regarding reward.
- Theoretical understanding of reward.
- Awareness of what drives business performance and implications for reward and recognition Pay surveys.
- Understand data and analyse explaining the results in a non technical way
- Elements of reward packages and how they combine to attract, engage and retain staff.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to maintain and monitor HR systems to ensure accuracy of data.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify ways to improve presentation.
- Ability to gather data and provide effective insight and analysis to inform credible conclusions.
- Able to use Excel level 3 for complex modelling, data management, advanced formulas, pivot tables
- Understands the approaches to benchmarking factors determining reward.
- Methods for evaluating pay and reward practice and how to use them.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Reward Analyst – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.