- Pay Rate:
£14.55 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- LIMEHOUSE, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Response Team Operative x2 – Environmental Services
Job Reference: Tower Hamlets RQ702745
Pay Rate: £14.55 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure required
To work as part of a team in delivering cleaner, safer and well maintained estates and blocks whilst continuously improving services to the common parts of estates in accordance with agreed targets and the aspirations of residents.
- To work as part of a team of staff responsible for clearing blockages in Council Tenant’s W.C’s, baths, sinks, and kitchen sinks and in both associated runs and stacks on Council Estates, working with other departments/contractors when needed.
- To work as part of a team in the provision of cleaning support service in the achievement of local work programmes and delivering measurable increases in tenant and leaseholder satisfaction levels.
- To use machinery and equipment as necessary ensuring all tasks undertaken are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- To be responsible for the control, safekeeping and day-to-day maintenance of Equipment.
- To utilise equipment and technology as may be provided for the better performance of the required duties.
- To drive vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes ( C1 License preferred ) and be responsible for the care and cleaning of allocated vehicles and carry out routine non mechanical maintenance (e.g. check tyre pressure, oil and water) and ensuring that all equipment and materials are safely stored.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Experience of clearing blockages in WCs, baths and sinks.
- Experience of clearing blockages in associated runs and stacks on estates, at ground floor level.
- Experience of using equipment and vehicles as appropriate to the task in hand.
- Experience of delivering excellent service to customers.
- Experience of delivering cleaning work programmes and associated caretaking and improvement works
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements including Manual Handling & COSHH
- Skilled and proficient to drive vehicles
- ICT Skills: Basic IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
- Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Required to work flexibly to undertake the role including evening work on a shift basis
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Response Team Operative x2 – Environmental Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.