- Pay Rate:
Up to £17.85 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Kensington, London,
Temporary Resident Safety Access Officer – Housing
Reference no: K&C 5225065
Pay Rate: Up to £17.85 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Hybrid working – 4 days in the office
The purpose of the role is to lead on contacting residents, completing tenancy checks and home visits to tenants of council owned properties to ensure that the Councils Health and safety obligations are met.
- Capture up to date information for assisting with access into properties for health and safety checks.
- Develop a working relationship with relevant teams and services in order to facilitate meaningful referrals that support our tenants.
- Ensure that council policies, performance standards and customer satisfaction requirements are met.
- Refer concerns of safeguarding to the Neighbourhood Co ordinator and to relevant support services.
- Work with support services to assist with gaining access to properties for Health and safety checks to be carried out.
- Provide general advice and support to residents whilst carrying out Home visits or refer to the relevant team when appropriate.
- Ensure that access enforcement such as Environmental Protection Act and Right of Access Injunction is acted upon swiftly to ensure the councils health and safety obligations are met.
- Attend forced entry action to execute Right of Entry warrant. Liaising with Neighbourhood Management, gas contractors, locksmith, police, social services and stakeholders.
- Provide a caring and professional customer experience at point of contact.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE pass in English and maths or comparable/equivalent qualifications.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Previous experience of conducting housing audits from either working as a housing officer/resident liaison officer within a social housing, or within a block management/accommodation role is essential.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people verbally and in writing.
- Effective planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Experience of working in a service area relevant to the role
- Proven experience of working with the public and experience of providing effective customer service
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Resident Safety Access Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.