- Pay Rate:
£11.97 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- LEICESTER, Leicestershire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Researcher x2 – Violence & Complex Crime
Job Reference: Leicestershire BL TCL347650
Pay Rate: £11.97 per hour PAYE
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
There are two available vacancies.
One vacancy is "VCCU Researcher - Core Business". This role holder will complete a range of research projects associated with the VCCU core business including in areas of schools, youth justice and operational policing.
The second vacancy is "VCCU - Crime data quality" where the role holder will complete specific research into the area of violent crime data quality.
Please indicate which of the roles you are applying for or both if relevant.
To undertake and assist with research projects (including audits). To provide relevant and accurate information to assist and enable the analytical process to take place effectively, which will inform and influence decisions allowing the effective deployment of operational resources.
- To assist in the collection of the Forces organisational, operational, criminal & administrative information and intelligence using appropriate research and data collection techniques.
- To collect, audit, prepare and present both qualitative and quantitative data, including statistics, using computer statistical presentation packages where appropriate.
- To assist Analysts, Senior Analysts and other colleagues in the preparation and presentation of research reports.
- To liaise with internal and external customers at a similar level/grade.
- To present the results of research products to colleagues as required, including the submission of written reports.
- To maintain confidentiality and discretion in the conduct of research undertake.
- To prepare and present, where necessary, reports, evaluations and research work carried out.
- To interrogate police held and external computer systems to conduct research.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- To be educated to GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language, or to have significant experience in a role requiring a similar level of skills
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent in a subject involving research methods OR equivalent work experience working to that level in a research environment applying research methods - desirable
- Experience of data collection or research in a statistical or information based environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Have the ability to carry out research to identify relevant facts that are not immediately available
- ICT Skills:
- To be computer literate and have experience of Windows environment and use of Microsoft Office packages eg. Word, Excel.
- Able to quickly learn to use new computer software packages.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Researcher x2 – Violence & Complex Crime
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.