- Pay Rate:
£18.58 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Newham, London,
Temporary Research Support Officer/PA/Senior Administrator
Reference no: GLA 0006 CED9 / 1
Pay Rate: £18.58 per hour PAYE
Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 working from home
The purpose of the role is to provide a full range of research, casework, diary, administrative and information support to a dedicated Assembly Member(s).
- Provide core research advice and support to the Assembly Member(s) across the range of their GLA functions
- Act as the first point of contact for the allocated Assembly Member(s) for all people within and without the organisation, representing the views and interests of the Member(s) in an effective and professional manner, and dealing with a wide range of internal and external people and organisations.
- Manage all correspondence (including electronic) and casework received by the Member(s) concerned as required.
- Work with the Labour Group Communications Team to provide pro-active public affairs support to the Assembly Member(s), including producing constituency issue reports to publication standard.
- Take primary responsibility for the co-ordination of the given Assembly Member(s) work for Assembly meetings (such as the submission of questions for Mayor’s Question Time, and motions), in liaison with the Head of Office and other colleagues.
- Act and manage resources allocated to the job in accordance with the Authority’s policies and Code of Ethics and Standards; to realise the benefits of London’s diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London’s communities; to realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, participating in multi-discipline cross departmental and organisational groups and task teams.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience in political sector or public sector environment.
- Experience with high level stakeholders (E.g. worked with someone at high level of scrutiny).
- Demonstrable research skills, to enable quick and effective grasp of information from a range of sources on a wide range of topics, and proven experience of briefing in a political / public sector organisation.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills, including experience of writing a range of different styles of document for different audiences, often within very short timescales; experience of producing information specifically for media work and/or briefings for media interviews; the ability to use a range of software and media.
- Experience of working directly with influential, high profile people in a pressured environment and in dealing with confidential/sensitive issues and documents; the ability to work in a politically complex organisation and apply political awareness.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Research Support Officer/PA/Senior Administrator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.