- Pay Rate:
£26.24 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- SOUTHWARK, LONDON,
Interim Research & Analysis Officer - VRU
Reference no: MPX TCLZ 0007 F737 / 1
Pay Rate: £26.24 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
City: SOUTHWARK, LONDON
Hybrid working - The role requires to be based in the office 2 days a week (Tuesdays is Mandatory) 1 other day candidates choice.
CTC vetting required for this role
Research & Analysis Officer to support in developing a data-driven, evidence-based approach to preventing violence. This is a key role within an exciting and ambitious multi-disciplinary team; supporting the Research & Evaluation leads to embed evidence-informed practice within the unit and contribute to our understanding of ‘what works’ to reduce violence. The role will bring technical expertise to improve and streamline systems relating to data collection, quality assurance and analysis for monitoring & evaluation data in the VRU.
The role will provide key analytical support to build and maintain monitoring systems for core VRU programmes delivering across London as well as developing wider analytical data products related to violence & public health for the unit, delivery partners and wider stakeholders, including Local Authorities. The role will provide an advisory role to VRU programme managers, supporting on the development of monitoring and evaluation strategies, developing specifications, and providing advice on evaluation methodologies
- Conduct and quality assure complex quantitative and qualitative data analysis (including big data analysis, statistical modelling, thematic analysis etc.)
- Developing and embedding data processing systems across the unit, for example, streamlining systems to clean & manipulate data which will facilitate robust and timely analysis to inform strategic decision-making across the unit. This will include writing codes to transform data for example, developing R scripts & supporting further development of dashboards.
- Provide analytical support for VRU programmes to embed data-driven performance management approaches into the contract and grant management processes.
- Apply different research and evaluation methodologies and techniques, based on their respective pros and cons.
- Design and conduct surveys across VRU delivery partners to drive programme performance and to incorporate community/ youth voice into VRU programmes.
- Scan research and put together literature reviews to inform the VRU of wider trends relating to violence reduction and build the VRU evidence base to inform the commissioning of new programmes and policy advocacy work.
- Writing reports and presentations for a range of audiences relating to the impact of VRU programmes and wider trends across public health and violence.
- Project management of the development of new analytical products for the VRU and risk assessment of programme delivery, to inform VRU strategic decision-making on programme management.
- Work closely with colleagues across the VRU & GLA to monitor performance against commitments in the VRU / Mayoral strategy and highlight key areas for VRU action.
- Through the provision of evidence contribute to national debates on violence reduction & performance management of social programmes. Through this work, contribute to the development of national policy on violence reduction through the provision of evidence
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
RV/ CTC Clearance
- Social Degree in data science
- Has knowledge and experience in data management and analytical software.
- Has knowledge and experience of using evidence and data to identify challenges and improve public services.
- Experience analysing qualitative and quantitative data and presenting complex information to senior stakeholders.
- Has research and analytical experience
- Has experience developing creative ways to communicate and visualise data.
- Experience in working with different Research methodologies, Quantitative and Qualitative.
- Experience using analytical software below as well as be confident in coding language
- Power BI
- R Studio
- Strong experience in the use of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience presenting to a variety of audiences and using visual aids where relevant
- Comfortable/experience of working with large data sets.
- Experience working with public health and crime data.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good ability to produce dashboards and other data visualisation products.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Research & Analysis Officer - VRU
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.