- Pay Rate:
£25.30 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36.00 Monday – Friday, 8am to 4pm
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Kensington, London,
Interim Repairs Supervisor – Housing Services
Reference no: K&C 5237316
Pay Rate: £25.30 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36.00 Monday – Friday, 8am to 4pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Kensington, London
The Supervisor’s role is to lead the team to deliver high standards of work quality and efficient use of materials in responsive repairs, planned and voids.
The postholder will have a functional leadership role for specific trades and responsibility for the line management and performance management of front-line operatives. Holding appraisals, 1-1s and tool box talks.
- Sign of and inspect where required Gas, Electrical and Fire Risk Assessment works ensuring statutory compliance across these areas.
- To ensure daily work targets are achieved and assisting in the efficient and effective management of materials and resources to deliver the repairs service.
- Provide in depth construction and trade based information and support to trade operatives and any other relevant RBKC staff.
- Review progress and respond to issues that arise to prevent delays. This includes ensuring all materials and impressed stocks are in place and access equipment is available and fit for purpose.
- Liaise with other supervisors and Housing Response to monitor delivery and make any necessary adjustments between teams to ensure optimum utilisation of staff to meeting service requirements.
- Integrated working with the planning function to maximize efficient deployment of operatives and use of technology to support this.
- Carry out pre and post inspections as appropriate, ensuring work is clearly described and specified, materials, plant, tools and access equipment are available and multi-trade input is co-ordinated to provide a seamless end to end service.
- Ensure that the quality of work undertaken by the in house team and contractors meets the required technical standards and specifications, securing customer satisfaction. This includes undertaking inspections during and on the completion of works.
- Approve variations within agreed limits and escalate where required
- Arrange and chair ‘tool-box’ talks to keep Operatives update on work related issues as required.
- Carry out work in progress visits to site, monitoring and recording performance, Standards of work and Health & Safety compliance.
- To promote a positive H&S culture, taking a lead role on health and safety matters for the repairs section, and ensure that all managers and staff are equipped to discharge health and safety responsibilities with appropriate arrangements in place for each team.
- Responsible for ensuring there are adequate arrangements for prompt completion of communal repairs identified on estate inspections.
- Attend meetings, presentations and exhibitions for residents. This will require working outside normal working hours and at evenings and at various locations throughout the borough.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant COSHH and HSE legislation.
- A valid licence to drive in the UK.
- Trade qualification NVQ 2 level or equivalent.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Must have experience of tracing leaks, possibly from plumbing trade background.
- Experience and ability to work in a customer facing role
- Knowledge of the construction industry and site operations.
- Working knowledge of statutory legislation in regards to health & safety and to understand the need for rigorous risk assessment and method statement procedure
- Knowledge of current developments in housing policy and customer service.
- Experience of working in social housing, local government or customer-service environment.
- Experience of working with tenants and leaseholders whose homes are undergoing major building works.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to create and maintain constructive working relationship with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Presentation, Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to create basic spreadsheets, and update more complex ones.
- Ability to do mail merges and issue communications to residents.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Repairs Supervisor – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.