- Pay Rate:
£25.30 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- LADBROKE GROVE, LONDON,
Interim Repairs Supervisor - Housing
Reference no: K&C 5223976
Pay rate £25.30 per hour PAYE
The Supervisor’s role is to lead the team to deliver high standards of work quality and efficient use of materials in responsive repairs, planned and voids. The postholder will have a functional leadership role for specific trades and responsibility for the line management and performance management of front-line operatives. Holding appraisals, 1-1s and tool box talks. The Supervisor will sign of and inspect where required Gas, Electrical and Fire Risk Assessment works ensuring statutory compliance across these areas
- To ensure daily work targets are achieved and assisting in the efficient and effective management of materials and resources to deliver the repairs service.
- Provide in depth construction and trade based information and support to trade operatives and any other relevant RBKC staff.
- Review progress and respond to issues that arise to prevent delays. This includes ensuring all materials and impressed stocks are in place and access equipment is available and fit for purpose.
- Liaise with other supervisors and Housing Response to monitor delivery and make any necessary adjustments between teams to ensure optimum utilisation of staff to meeting service requirements.
- Integrated working with the planning function to maximize efficient deployment of operatives and use of technology to support this.
- Carry out pre and post inspections as appropriate, ensuring work is clearly described and specified, materials, plant, tools and access equipment are available and multi-trade input is co-ordinated to provide a seamless end to end service.
- Ensure that the quality of work undertaken by the in house team and contractors meets the required technical standards and specifications, securing customer satisfaction. This includes undertaking inspections during and on the completion of works.
- Approve variations within agreed limits and escalate where required
- Arrange and chair ‘tool-box’ talks to keep Operatives update on work related issues as required.
- Carry out work in progress visits to site, monitoring and recording performance, Standards of work and Health & Safety compliance
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Trade qualification NVQ 2 level or equivalent (desirable)
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent written and verbal communication skills (desirable)
- Working knowledge of relevant COSHH and HSE legislation (desirable)
- Working knowledge of statutory legislation in regards to health & safety and to understand the need for rigorous risk assessment and method statement procedure
- Knowledge of current developments in housing policy and customer service
- Knowledge of the construction industry and site operations
- Experience of working in social housing, local government or customer-service environment
- Experience of working with tenants and leaseholders whose homes are undergoing major building works
- Experience and ability to work in a customer facing role
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Presentation, Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to create basic spreadsheets, and update more complex ones
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Repairs Supervisor - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.