- Pay Rate:
£13.86 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- NEWHAM, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Repairs Planner/Administrator – Repairs & Maintenance
Job Reference: Newham RQ732070
Pay Rate: £13.86 per hour PAYE
With your experience in repairs maintenance planning and scheduling and the ability to work on your own initiative, provide comprehensive and complex planning and scheduling and assist the Responsive Maintenance team to carry out its responsibilities in respect of residents’ repairs.
In collaboration with the Repairs Manager, ensure that your trade team of up to 20 operatives have well planned schedules for each day.
To provide constant logistical and administrative direction to the trade team operatives to ensure that they can maximise productivity, reduce non-productive time and minimise RMS carbon footprint.
To ensure all repair orders registered on Service Connects by the Repairs Contact Centre (RCC) are correctly described, assigned, appointed and completed on target to the residents’ satisfaction.
To provide assurance that RMS are managing the customer repair journeys, from raising of the repair order to job completion, and to ensure that the customer experience is positive and informed from start to finish.
Planning in the most cost effective, productive manner to maximise customer satisfaction, operative productivity and drive KPI performance.
To produce regular monthly reports on team performance from SC including productivity data, KPIs and statistics for the Repairs/Service Manager and senior management, in different formats, including Excel, Office Project, PowerPoint and MSWord.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- At least 2 years experience as a Planner in a social housing repairs business
- Experience of using Service Connects, TASK, Northgate or similar works order and housing management systems
- Experience of working with reporting systems, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience of partnership/alliance/collaborative working
- Experience of handling multiple tasks in a high volume, rapidly changing environment
- A demonstrable understanding of the key drivers of a responsive repairs service in a social housing environment
- A clear understanding of the Planning function in social housing responsive maintenance.
- An understanding of the logistical challenges of planning and delivery of responsive repairs
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- The ability to work as part of a team, demonstrating a flexible approach and make a positive contribution towards the team.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all levels of staff.
- To be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to a wide range of groups.
- The ability to apply logic and common sense when problem solving.
- The ability to respond positively to changes in the working environment and to deal effectively with work pressures when they arise.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and have a strong customer ethos
- Have the ability to use probing questions to correctly identify faults.
- The ability to establish and maintain good customer/client relationships.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Excel, Office Project, PowerPoint and MSWord.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends to maintain service delivery.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Repairs Planner/Administrator – Repairs & Maintenance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.