- Pay Rate:
£11.59 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
39 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday., normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Bournemouth, Dorset,
Temporary Repairs & Operations Coordinator/Admin x 2 – Housing
Reference no: Bournemouth 5225147
Pay Rate: £11.59 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Two vacancies available in a busy housing team. One post is full time for 39 hours per week (5 days) and the other post is part time for 30 hours per week (4 days).
The purpose of the role is to provide a positive customer experience, providing a high quality and accurate answer to the repairs and maintenance enquiry. Taking ownership of every repair and maintenance call, from diagnosing the repair accurately, assigning the correct contractor and trade, allocating the most appropriate schedule of rates code and budget classification, offering a mutually convenient appointment within priority. Whilst monitoring the trade operative’s performance, re-scheduling any follow-on work / ordering specialised materials or equipment, completing the repair in preparation for invoicing and providing customer satisfaction surveys to all clients. (Currently, achieving the highest satisfaction in the country at 92%).
- Provide all Council and Bournemouth Building & Maintenance Limited (BBML) departments with an efficient multi-functional cost centre for the repairs and maintenance and facilities management by raising all housing, in/out of scope corporate and external client’s repairs immediately on either the Northgate Housing System or the Asset Management System Technology Forge.
- Ensure that Health & Safety / Gas and Government Legislation is adhered to; ensuring excellent service and health & safety is provided to the client/customer, and the trade operative at all times.
- Schedule and co-ordinate the In-house Team and BBML’s workforce for emergencies, responsive, planned and cyclical repairs and maintenance on a daily basis on Kirona DRS Appointment System.
- Oversee, plan, monitor performance and administer the work load of a particular trade through multiple appointment and Mobile Working ICT packages Kirona Job Manager. (Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, Gas or Wet Trades). Liaising with trade supervisors where necessary.
- Answering incoming telephone calls (within 5 rings) from multiple parties stated below in a professional and efficient manner. Being proficient in the use of the Telecoms ICT system CC6 or any other telecoms system provided.
- Prioritising emergency works and Right-to-Repairs over all other responsive repairs ensuring all Right-to-Repairs are attended to within Government timescale.
- Issue responsive repairs to trade operatives by phone or through the Mobile Working ICT package Kirona Job Manager in ‘real time’.
- Schedule (incoming/outgoing) cyclical repairs and maintenance on Kirona DRS by appointment within an appropriate timescale.
- Soft Facilities Management, managing and scheduling meeting room bookings for various sites for all Corporate Clients. Ensuring that all meeting rooms booked for customers/clients on Technology Forge Room Booking System.
- Co-ordinate and monitor trade operatives daily performance and workload, ensuring all trade operatives are working efficiently to maximise productivity for their client. (In-house Team/BBML)
- Ensure that government targets are met and exceeded in terms of emergency Right-to-Repairs, appointments made and kept and complete on first visit. Including identifying problem areas and liaising with supervisors to get them resolved.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Repairs & Operations Coordinator/Admin x 2 – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.