- Pay Rate:
£16.63 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Sunday, 07:00-19:00
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- CHESTER, Cheshire,
Temporary Regulatory Services Officer x 6
Reference no: Cheshire W 5243180
Pay rate: £16.63 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 07:00-19:00
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: CHESTER, Cheshire
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
The purpose of this role is to undertake high volume food hygiene inspections (mainly D and E rated and low risk unrated). As part of a pool of Regulatory Services officers, carry out a professional advisory, assessment/inspection and enforcement role in order to ensure the highest quality of service delivery and the maintenance of relevant competencies and professional standards. Liaise and cooperate with others to embrace and successfully deliver a flexible, joined-up, approach to service delivery across Regulatory Services and the council. Flexi working arrangements can be accommodated however the preference is for full time hours. Many services and customers span across the Borough and therefore you may be required to work at any location in Cheshire West and Chester.
- Carry out a wide range of business assessment, inspection, survey and/or enforcement duties and support various areas of specialist work.
- Conduct assessment/inspection and enforcement activity, maintain accurate records and prepare reports for complex cases in accordance with legislation, codes of practice and the highest standards of professional practice for presentation at Court, Public and Planning Enquiries and Licensing Hearings.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a customer-focused service by providing high quality advice and support to key stakeholders, including businesses, individuals and Members to promote business growth and to protect consumers and residents
- Support the development of procedures for intelligence-led, streamlined, efficient and effectively targeted services, achieving best practice against external benchmarks in all aspects.
- Resolve complaints and disputes in accordance within statutory guidelines/requirements and council policy.
- Develop and maintain effective contacts with partners, business and other stakeholders to ensure and promote a fair, safe and healthy environment and pro-actively promote the service and its products to all sectors, as appropriate.
- Supervise, mentor and coach colleagues in order to support their professional development and build their generic and specialist knowledge and skill base, as appropriate.
- Many services and customers span across the Borough and therefore you may be required to work at any location in Cheshire West and Chester.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- 5 GCSE’s, including English and Maths, minimum grade C or 4, or equivalent.
- Recognised Environmental Health/Scientific/Trading Standards/Building Studies or equivalent qualification.
- Evidence of relevant professional competence.
- Evidence of continuing professional development desirable.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health / Trading Standards Institute or equivalent body desirable.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Demonstrable experience in appropriate (advertised) disciplines.
- Experience and knowledge of local authority procedures desirable.
- Up to date working knowledge of legislation and Codes of Practice.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication skills.
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise individual work, tasks and projects.
- Effective in problem analysis and practical decision making.
- Ability to travel throughout the borough and hold a full driving licence.
- Willingness and ability to attend meetings, undertake visits and inspections and provide cover outside normal office hours.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Commitment to providing good customer service.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Regulatory Services Officer x 6
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.