- Pay Rate:
up to £50.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Regulatory Compliance Officer - Food Safety
Reference no: Warrington 0007 7BB4 / 1
Pay rate up to £50.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Regulatory Compliance Officer to support busy but dedicated Business Compliance Team with undertaking Food Hygiene Inspections
- The post holder must carry out the duties with full regard to the Council’s Corporate Plan, the Corporate Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety Policy and Social Inclusion Strategy.
- To visit, inspect and report on premises of the Borough where food safety legislation applies and to record visits appropriately on the Council’s database.
- To investigate complaints and monitor all types of works in progress at relevant premises.
- To offer business advice, guidance and support to encourage compliance, including where necessary instigating formal action
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health
- Has achieved registration with Environmental Health Registration Board; OR Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner status with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- Evidence of an advanced level of knowledge and application of the legislation and guidance relating to food safety and associated areas.
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer care
- Substantial experience of regulation and enforcement
- Experience of handling and protecting sensitive and confidential information
- Highly developed interpersonal skills in order to be able to effectively communicate, negotiate with and influence a wide range of people including customers, partners and stakeholders
- Ability to produce reports, instructions and written documents in clear and concise terms
- Ability to use information technology effectively to access and record information accurately and produce reports as required
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Regulatory Compliance Officer - Food Safety
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.